FABO Gold Members selling products

-

A56

Felony Stop
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Now, I'm sure hoping this remains civil but...........
I'm curious why anyone who signs up to be a FABO member can just jump in and start selling items. Many don't even abide by the rules, because they didn't even take the time to familiarize themselves with the rules.. Wham Bam Thank you Mam and they're out! With the price of being a Gold Member should come the luxury of posting things for sale. Gold Members are actually helping support this site. No one selling and making a profit here that's not a Gold Member certainly isn't kicking in any green to the site. Soon the price will head to $60.00 a year. Become a Gold Member and sell your stuff. Imagine how those members would help support the site and maybe keep the cost of membership down. If you disappear for a while at least you contributed. Thoughts? @Joey

Last edited:
Now, I'm sure hoping this remains civil but...........
I'm curious why anyone who signs up to be a FABO member can just jump in and start selling items. Many don't even abide by the rules, because they didn't even take the time to familiarize themselves with the rules.. Wham Bam Thank you Mam and they're out! With the price of being a Gold Member should come the luxury of posting things for sale. Gold Members are actually helping support this site. No one selling and making a profit here that's not a Gold Member certainly isn't kicking in any green to the site. Soon the price will head to $60.00 a year. Become a Gold Member and sell your stuff. Imagine how those members would help support the site and maybe keep the cost of membership down. If you disappear for a while at least you contributed. Thoughts?
I agree and a good suggestion. It would really help with the new members, joining, dropping an ad, and disappearing as soon as they hit the enter button. If I see the rules broken, I usually delete the thread and ask them to repost following the sale rules. 2 things, I will move this to Website Suggestions and you should edit your thread to include Joey in the conversation. (@Joey).

Other forums I'm a member on, prevents users without X amount of posts to be able to post classifieds. (25, 50, 100 posts depending on the site), unless they become paid members.

Strict rules on the classifieds there are enforced, even with watermarks for that forum, or edits on every image with the for forum address on it.

On those forums, Not following the rules results in the deletion of the classified posts. Bans after 3 deletions/warnings are also enforced.

Each forum's admins, mods and owners collectively decide on such rules and enforcement.

Other forums I'm a member on, prevents users without X amount of posts to be able to post classifieds. (25, 50, 100 posts depending on the site), unless they become paid members.

Strict rules on the classifieds there are enforced, even with watermarks for that forum, or edits on every image with the for forum address on it.

On those forums, Not following the rules results in the deletion of the classified posts. Bans after 3 deletions/warnings are also enforced.

Each forum's admins, mods and owners collectively decide on such rules and enforcement.
Thanks, but paying dues to sell is my point. If you have skin in the game hopefully you're smart enough to follow the rules.

Thanks, but paying dues to sell is my point. If you have skin in the game hopefully you're smart enough to follow the rules.
I also think there's also a class of non-gold members who pay their dues in the number of posts that they do. This generates traffic on the sites that keep the lights on another way through the advertising aspect.

And also the experts, who provide the high value posts to keep lurkers coming back. These posts are the search results that bring in the new users.

My $0.02...

I also think there's also a class of non-gold members who pay their dues in the number of posts that they do. This generates traffic on the sites that keep the lights on another way through the advertising aspect.

And also the experts, who provide the high value posts to keep lurkers coming back. These posts are the search results that bring in the new users.

My $0.02...
Without them FABO would be lost.

We've suggested something similar time and again only for it to be shot down each time.

Scammers are just that.. Anyone who immediately joins and same day becomes gold member is suspect they're probably the same people posting fake pics and collecting money for parts you'll never receive.

Scammers are just that.. Anyone who immediately joins and same day becomes gold member is suspect they're probably the same people posting fake pics and collecting money for parts you'll never receive.
Well, they have to invest $50. so there's that.

I can't remember the last time I deleted a scammer/spammer account that was Gold. It just doesn't happen.

So you are you trying to safeguard members by having sellers pay gold memberships?

Sometimes you just can't fix poor buying.

Frequent seller here (just to sell) had this new truck lock set for $22 plus shipping. He even marks his listing as "Liquidation Sale" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And someone here bought this !

1728080844465.png

Classic sells it new for $16. If there's an issue you can take it back.

Who knows why the "new" tailgate part wasn't used. A buyers pays the same or more on a new part take a chance on it. :realcrazy:

1728081001915.png

Last edited:
So you are you trying to safeguard members by having sellers pay gold memberships?

Sometimes you just can't fix poor buying.

Frequent seller here (just to sell) had this new truck lock set for $22 plus shipping. He even marks his listing as "Liquidation Sale" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And someone here bought this !

View attachment 1716311666

Classic sells it new for $16. If there's an issue you can take it back.

Who knows why the "new" tailgate part wasn't used. A buyers pays the same or more on a new part take a chance on it. :realcrazy:

View attachment 1716311667
It's more about contributing. There are very few safeguards. Do your own due diligence along with common sense, we are after all..adults. There are no guarantees, except death and taxes.

I have seen a few people who join up and actually sign up for Gold very soon after - if not the same day - - mainly over at FBBO.

It made me wonder a while back if people feel pressured to chip in......that is not the case or the intention. Most people who buy Gold do it to enjoy the benefits of a larger mailbox, ability to post pics and video in private messages, and lose the extra advertising.

I have seen a few people who join up and actually sign up for Gold very soon after - if not the same day - - mainly over at FBBO.

It made me wonder a while back if people feel pressured to chip in......that is not the case or the intention. Most people who buy Gold do it to enjoy the benefits of a larger mailbox, ability to post pics and video in private messages, and lose the extra advertising.
I felt obliged to go gold....Not because of any pressure, or because of the added benefits, but because of the sheer return on investment that I get from this place. You can get help on literally anything from folks on this site. We have experts in every field.

-
Back