FABO T Shirts

-
I just have to give BigHook some public props here. He's gone well out of his way to try to help me out with some company t-shirts and has very attractive pricing. Articulate, well spoken, professional and friendly!

Tim, you've restored my faith in screen printers and I'll look forward to working with you in the near future. Thanks again! You're obviously an asset to your customers and to the screen printing world in general.

What sort of road block have you been running into CudaChick? I've worked in the corporate screen printing industry for the past 25 years. There have been a couple flakey owners I've experienced but rarely has a customer not received the results they expected. Are these the big shops or the mom and pop shops? Is the art digital ready (or camera ready as we used to say)? Shirt style and sizes picked? Pricing an issue? Don't these guys want your business? People (not meaning you) see the easy dollars to be made and decide to open a t-shirt shop. Basic screen printing is a fundamental process but it has many variables. They don't take the time to learn their craft well enough or they're too disorganized or distracted with all the mugs, mouse pads, trinkets and trash so the business and customer suffer because of it. Even after being in the biz for a few years, they sometimes don't know how to expose a screen properly, print more than 2 colors or print a decent halftone - basic procedures.

With the FABO tees (just my 2 cents here) maybe it would be easier to have the person in charge of the FABO store just announce in the forum that there will be a printing of the FABO tees coming soon, specify an opening date and a closing date, say 4 weeks, to place an order. Indicate where the quantity break/pricing tiers - if any - are. Responding to a specific email or area in the store, interested parties can indicate quantity desired, provide a shipping address, pay with paypal/visa or send a check by mail. Keep members abreast of the estimated print ETA. Shirts are printed then drop shipped directly from the printer into the eager hands of FABO members. Scheduling a print job should be a no-brainer for the printer. There's always gonna be the sports seasons, difficult customer demands, art hold ups, etc. With a reasonable lead time, any printer worth their salt should be able to accommodate a customer. Again, just my two cents. Not meant to stir up dust :) :neutral:

Tim
Thank you I needed that =D>

I just have to give BigHook some public props here. He's gone well out of his way to try to help me out with some company t-shirts and has very attractive pricing. Articulate, well spoken, professional and friendly!

Tim, you've restored my faith in screen printers and I'll look forward to working with you in the near future. Thanks again! You're obviously an asset to your customers and to the screen printing world in general.

Thank you CudaChick for the kind words.

MeMike, I'm just offering up some constructive input regarding the FABO tees mystery. That procedure to sell and distribute tees has worked well on another website plus it generates consistent web/forum upkeep revenue. :thumbup:

Tim

-
Back