Lobe Separation .......... 114*

Engine Applications ........................... Engine Code
* 1965 ...... 327/350 HP ................................ L-79
* 1966 ...... 327/350 HP ................................ L-79
* 1967 ...... 327/350 HP and 327/325 HP ......... L-79
* 1968 ...... 327/350 HP and 327/325 HP ......... L-79
* 1969 ...... 350/350 HP ................................ L-46
* 1970 ...... 350/350 HP ................................ L-46
Not to be pedantic, but the L79 [350/327] and the L46 [350/350] are different units; dont have the specs off the top of my head or in front of me, but they are not the same cam. The L46 cam provides a bit more low down torque and slightly better power across a wider RPM. Doesnt 'sound' quite as good tho...

How come in some videos I hear the stock 340 cam has a little bit of chop even though it has a 114 lsa? I thought a cam with that lsa would have a smooth idle?

I hated that Chevy .447 lift cam. Everybody and their dog wanted it shoved in their 8-1 compression engine. It was such a dog that I had a stack of about 10 or so used cams on the shelf. Some guys put up with it cause they sounded nasty. Kim

My point was that Chrysler produced the first EFI. I stand by it because it's correct. Nothing electronic about the Chevy stuff. Although you're correct. It was more successful......but not by what I would call "a lot". They had their share of problems too.
Chrysler's system was the first EFI, yes. It was attempted at a time when electronic technology was not advanced enough to make a successfully reliable EFI, as it was much more complicated than mechanical fuel injection. While Chevy's mechanical fuel injection system, introduced a year earlier, did have problems too, and many owners swapped them out for carbs, thousands of units over 9 years of production is a lot more successful than 35 defective units recalled at launch with the abandonment of the program for over a decade. This is what fratzog lover was getting at when he said, "Rochester had Chrysler beat at fuel injection back in the day." They did. He wasn't claiming that they were the first EFI.

Chrysler's system was the first EFI, yes. It was attempted at a time when electronic technology was not advanced enough to make a successfully reliable EFI, as it was much more complicated than mechanical fuel injection. While Chevy's mechanical fuel injection system, introduced a year earlier, did have problems too, and many owners swapped them out for carbs, thousands of units over 9 years of production is a lot more successful than 35 defective units recalled at launch with the abandonment of the program for over a decade. This is what fratzog lover was getting at when he said, "Rochester had Chrysler beat at fuel injection back in the day." They did. He wasn't claiming that they were the first EFI.
Ok. Whatever man. I wasn't arguing any point and I don't give a flying fig who is. I was simply stating that Chrysler was first to introduce EFI and that's correct. You seem to have a complex about wanting to be right so, you win.

-
Back