family dealings (rant)

-

moparPW200guy

Mopar freak!!!!
Reaction score
sorry to be spillin this on you guys and gals but i have had it. my aunt owns an antique shop nearby where i live. i WAS working for her free because her shop needed people. ok no problem untill i tell her kids that an antique shop is not a playground. well.... guess what take your kids to antique stores more often! i was told it WAS their playground and i had no right telling them anything! strike 1! my wife was also trying to help her out by painting up some signs for her. but working 11 hour days 4-6 days a week who has time... the ONLY reason my wife said she would do it is becasue there was no budget for signage. guess what.. there are new signs on the building, my aunts truck AND she has been spending money like crazy. strike 2! and to top everything off when my wife picked up my grandma from there( volenteer help) my wife got the guilt trip of the century because " they had to buy signs because the others weren't finished". strike 3! oh and BTW my wife offered to not only make signs but bussiness cards and flyers 2 YEARS ago and was told they were not needed. this s*&^ pisses me off!

sorry again. i just needed to vent to someone outside my family..

thanx for listening and you guys and glas ROCK!!!!
A-BODIES RULE!!!!!!

Talk to her and try to work it out,if not,ask her how she thinks the buissness will be if no one helps her and she has to do the 40-60hours all by her self.So you and your do not show up for two weeks and do not work for free any more and see how much bitching comes from her then,if I see thinks right,she will every be worse than before.She will complain that no one helps her and the whole nine yards.If you can,t afford to splip your family a few bucks for helping you and you own a buissness that is making more and can,t show them some type of thanks,close it and do some thing else.At the end of the month,the bank manager does not give a rats *** if you work for your aunt,he wants to see cash in the account for the morgage,and does not give a 5% discount because you help your aunt.I have been there and have been screwed,Mrmopartech

Mrmopartech said:
Talk to her and try to work it out,if not,ask her how she thinks the buissness will be if no one helps her and she has to do the 40-60hours all by her self.So you and your do not show up for two weeks and do not work for free any more and see how much bitching comes from her then,if I see thinks right,she will every be worse than before.She will complain that no one helps her and the whole nine yards.If you can,t afford to splip your family a few bucks for helping you and you own a buissness that is making more and can,t show them some type of thanks,close it and do some thing else.At the end of the month,the bank manager does not give a rats *** if you work for your aunt,he wants to see cash in the account for the morgage,and does not give a 5% discount because you help your aunt.I have been there and have been screwed,Mrmopartech

thats why we were there... because she was pullin 80+ hours a week there. she already owes my grandma $12k and i doubt that she will ever see that. luckily i dont have to worry about mortgage payments as my place is paid off. this was just something to get me out of the house. now i have more time to devote to my other projects. gotta get the jeep running and figure out if my scamp is truly saveable.... i dunont know anymore...

Mopar 200, Family will screw you quicker than anybody. Ask me how I know. You sound like you have a wonderful wife who is a help mate to you.., even though your efforts are not appreciated ..you guys did something that was good.Mean people really do suck.. Terry B.

I think a lot of people in life are just "takers", not givers, and every family seems to have at least one. Remember, you can choose your friends, but you don't have any choice about your family. Spend more time with your friends. :)

Sid

Remember, you can choose your friends, but you don't have any choice about your family. Spend more time with your friends. :)
Sid[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth!

-
Back