FAST Wireless Air/Fuel Meter Kit

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been following this tool for some time now and wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any experience with this wideband kit or something similar.

It is expensive. However, I have two carbureted cars and several friends that tune and maintain theirs. So it would be put to use(I almost talked myself into it)

I like that you can get readings from both cylinder banks, capture the information through the rpm range and have historical data during the tuning process.

Thank you and I look forward

Since about 70% of the product is "in your phone" I see no reason it should cost that much.

Quick update. I bought the wireless sensor kit. My plan is to have this as an external tool that I will use during carburetor tuning and calibration. And of course, I can take this mobile for drag racing or to help friends.

The initial testing was pretty informative, I need to tweak a few things before getting into tuning. From my phone, I am able to see AFR readings from both banks of exhaust and RPM simultaneously. This is also graphed out on the display. The downside, this is only real-time with no option for historical.

1st up sensor mounting. There are some options available and to be honest, overpriced.

Instead, I picked up some exhaust pipe sections and will build my own for a fraction of the cost.

Next, I ordered a data logger which will allow me to capture the information on a laptop to review. Hopefully, I will be able to spot different transitions in the carb as I move through different RPMs

Kind of a slow process, but I finally ordered my data logger DI-2108 8-channel High Speed USB Data Acquisition System

I am sure I could have found a cheaper one, but I know this will do everything I want. It will graph the Air/Fuel meter results with RPM as the y-axis. And of course historical logging.

Also decided to use an external fuse block between the battery and equipment.

Everything should be ready to go early in the new week

-
Back