Fat Blue Fish Build

-
Looks good on 255's. Same is on my car, but 60/15's. If I do 17's, will try to stuff 275's under it w/o any mods.

Nice build.I have been thinking about building mine more for the curves.

So not to much got done the last 2 days....my day job keeps getting in the way.

I did manage to get teh entire rear brake system plumbed up to the prop valve and I am still waiting on the master cyl adapter block....I shoulda just made one on the mill at the shop it would be on already.

Since we are waiting on parts I am going to work on the engine today as time permits. Install the tru track system and try to tie up the mechanics up front.

Here are a few boring pics of brake lines.

100_2010w.jpg

100_2011w.jpg

100_2012w.jpg

100_2013w.jpg

OK

its been few rotten days but yesterday my sweet wife let me work on the car for 4 hours.....I guess she does love me.

I didn't have my camera but I did get alot done. I am going back today to continue working.

Last night I finally assembled my steering wheel. It is made up of 3 different years of cudas....66, 67 and 69. |I used that steering wheel repair stuff from Eastwood and it actually worked great. I had it repainted a different color than wood grain so it would match my interior

here is a couple pics. More later.

100_2014w.jpg

100_2018w.jpg

Sunday.

Good day.

Radiator rough-in for last time so I can make bracket. I moved on to the fuel pump mounting and now I am getting scattered around cause I am missing pieces and parts. Grill pics. So here you go I have to go watch (sleep) through the Hulk cause I love my KIDS.

Enjoy.

Mop

100_2023w.jpg

100_2028w.jpg

100_2029w.jpg

100_2039w.jpg

ronnie, buddy, kenny.

That's the blue halogen lamps that reflect off the glass headlight buckets that give the blue glow emulating the SS cars. A subtle tribute to the masters.

FYI.

Thanks.

Mop

yes i can see my dart following in the same way in the years to come, one step at a time i guess? Now i missed or didnt read, what you have done with the suspension. Is it a bolt in kit or a fabbed one?

That fish is looking AWESOME!! Keep up the incredible work and, of course, keep the pics coming! Well done!!

RMS front end....ALTERKATION

Bill Reilly.

It is a sweet piece of work at least when it comes to assembly. I have not road tested one of these things so we will see.

It was a little tight with the airbags though.

They have a B body set up for sure....I don't know about the other body styles.

Dan Tallant at http://www.tallantsauto.net fabbed the 4 link setup. We had to turn the spare tire well into a football to get the panhard bar it in and we also had to raise the drive shaft tunnel an inch to get it slammed. The rear suspension moves up and down about 6" now.

Here is an underside pic on the roaster and you can see the areas that were worked over by the seam sealer lines. You can also see the boxed in tubing and the 3/8" steel plate welded to the original frame rail for structural improvement. The whole set up is really beefy from front to back.....I hate to say bullet proof....but that is my intent. Overbuild for street abuse.

Mop

100_1686w.jpg

100_1687w.jpg

I will have it in the World of Wheels 27, 28 and March 1st.

Come see it there as it will be cleaned up by then.

Mop

MORE LAST MINUTE DETAILING.

I had to clear the textured argent on the hood bling.

Here is a couple o shots.

Chome by Pauls Chrome......these were not pretty....best 2 out of 6 I had.
the end result is almost perfect...all those specs are drywall dust.

Enjoy.

sorry.....here you really go.

Today the side glass and final adjustments went without me while I tended to my day job.....I mentioned I don't do windows before....I hear it went well.

Ill be around

100_1994w.jpg

100_1993w.jpg

sorry.....here you really go.

Today the side glass and final adjustments went without me while I tended to my day job.....I mentioned I don't do windows before....I hear it went well.

Ill be around

Those look real good! I had mine rechromed not long ago.. they still have a few pits down inside the fins. I'm not complaining. I just had 4 to pick through to send off.

Good job!

These also had pits in the bottoms but I used the Eastwood textured argent paint and it filled them in like magic....thats why I had to clear coat with Eastwood diamond clear.

Hate to sound like some CHEEZY car build program like HACK,BONDO,DUMP ON UNSUSPECTING CHUMP FOR EXCESSIVE CASH, but I want to be honest about what I use to build this thing.

I want to redo my back tail panel and the small chrome pieces on the tail lens that are traditional argent now...to match....................hmmmmm I think it would look sweet.....like a glazed doughnut...mmmmmmmmm glazed doughnuts. Anyway I haven't show you whats going on inside yet but I am carying the textured argent into the car...It is amazing how it gives it a modern look yet it is 1970's technology.

Anyway, Dan probably thinks It's time to GTF out of his shop not that he is DONE with his responsibilities.....unless I want him to continue to help.

I am gonna HATE going back to laying on concrete.

MOP

i appreciate you giving me the deatils, gives me plenty of ideas, still i guess you get plenty of young school kids telling you they will do the same but have no money, im just older (30's) and have no money due to young family etc, at least we all have plans huh, just not many like yourself go through with them, its a great project and i look forward to the end result

hi...um momoparman..... my new bestest buddy.......

please god tell me how much you air ride setup cost and where you got it, i have been looking every where to air bag my dart(64) and i LOVE your setup

thank you buddy
(couldn't find a kiss a$$ smiley)

These also had pits in the bottoms but I used the Eastwood textured argent paint and it filled them in like magic....thats why I had to clear coat with Eastwood diamond clear.

Hate to sound like some CHEEZY car build program like HACK,BONDO,DUMP ON UNSUSPECTING CHUMP FOR EXCESSIVE CASH, but I want to be honest about what I use to build this thing.

I want to redo my back tail panel and the small chrome pieces on the tail lens that are traditional argent now...to match....................hmmmmm I think it would look sweet.....like a glazed doughnut...mmmmmmmmm glazed doughnuts. Anyway I haven't show you whats going on inside yet but I am carying the textured argent into the car...It is amazing how it gives it a modern look yet it is 1970's technology.

Anyway, Dan probably thinks It's time to GTF out of his shop not that he is DONE with his responsibilities.....unless I want him to continue to help.

I am gonna HATE going back to laying on concrete.

MOP

Wow I might need to do the same then.... thanks for the tip!

The front end is a bolt on piece. I added the air ride myself after talking with Bill about the caveats of using airbags vs coils. I will tell you that clearance is tight.....during normal ride height there is no problem but when you slam them the bags are a toothpick tip away from the uprights.

http://www.reillymotorsports.com/installation_manual.pdf

Here is the front end assembly information FYI.

The rear is simple.....4 link with a panhard bar and the bags fit like a dream.

Check out some earlier threads or go to Tallant's web site for a closer look.

http://www.tallantsauto.net/currentprojects.htm

-
Back