Fat Blue Fish Build

-
A note about school kids and dreamers.

I was once both...I still feel like one and I am still the other.

All questions are good questions as the answers promote intelligence and desire to know more.

None of use started out with big money....most of us (me) still don't have big money.....just desire. Raise your family and save when you can...work on the side when you can....work on the car yourself when you can and sooner or later you will get what you desire.....worked for me.

Mop

Old Dart......your looking at 7-9 Grand for the entire set up including the front suspension kit and the 4 link setup. Yea I know.....all that $$$ just to go around a corner faster and up and down like a teeter totter.

Someone can slap me now.....oh hi honey, I didn't see you reading over my shoulder.

definatly agree about the dreamer statement but you cant be a doer with out a goal right....

and thank you for the info guess im going to have to save some cash for ...... a few millenia to get your set up8) and you have a beautiful cuda i love the pro touring style

Thanks Thanks Thanks....you all are so nice and polite.

I am building what others dare not to build. A cheap *** A body into a high $$$$ beast.

Yes I lost my mind and control...on the wallet.

More pics from today.

Tuned down the AC pulley cover so it would clear the rad fan.
Installed some more of that crappy heat/sound deadener.....it does work.
Installed some body plugs...good thing I paid 69 bucks for LAMESONS delux kit.....I ended up with 20 extra plugs that dont fit and only 10 holes with no plugs.....YES THAT'S A PLUG TO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

All the glass is in....all outside trim os on except the 2 cuda emblems that are still at the chromer.

Do you like it dark? I do. Some dont.

Enjoy these close shots...the shop was packed today and I barely had room to work....I think they are squeezing me out.

I am getting forgetful.

Here you go...I like it dark.....and cool. Like a bat.

100_2040w.jpg

100_2042w.jpg

100_2044w.jpg

I am building what others dare not to build. A cheap *** A body into a high $$$$ beast.

I do not want o sound arrogant or condescending....l.what I mean is more like what others who don't know about A-body's or MOPARS in general..would dare not to build......THE CHINAMARO GANG in other words.

You guy's are OK with me....I am like you only dumber cause I am spending my kids college money.

You can probably tell by my spellin that they wont need collij.

I want to shout out to my Dad who inspired me with his side job mentality and desire....He worked for IBM and did OK...but he always worked on cars and re-built some cool newer (at the time) sports cars.... late 80's Supras, & 280-300zx's and the like.

I did steal his cars when he was at work and drive them...HARD...SORRY DAD!
I feel better getting that off my chest.

So anyway I always dreamed about having that 300z with a 383 in the compartment.

That is the fat blue fish....Only 10 times more ridiculous......did you see my tires?......you think they will hold for more than .01 seconds?

Me neither.....good thing drifting is in.

Dad Thanks for being cool and probably looking the other way.

Mop

Does anyone know where to get new a driver side wing window pivot kit.

Part number is 2932437

I have the one for the passenger side for trade or sale....NOS 2932436

Thanks,

mop

Today was good and so was yesterday...although my fingertips are gone.

Started and finished the soundproofing.......worst job ever!
Installed Master Cylinder.
Removed radiator and AC coil...so I can fine tune.

It took me 10 hours to install that soundproofing BS....it better work.

Tomorow I will keep on the brakes and work on the gas lines....if I can get back on the lift.....SOME POS chevy is there now.

It must suck to have to install a blower just to get 400hp out of your crappy 350 crate motor.

Enjoy.

Mop

100_2054w.jpg

100_2057w.jpg

100_2058w.jpg

100_2060w.jpg

100_2062w.jpg

100_2063w.jpg

Did I piss everyone off?

No comments huh?

OK.....well here is todays work. All 8hrs.

Painted the outside of the rad and the evap coil.
Installed the AC box and final installed the rad/epap coil.
Undercoated the inside of the doors and back panels.
Fine tuned the sound/heat mat.

Sunday will be another full day.

100_2066w.jpg

100_2069w.jpg

The soundproofing will be worth it......did you do the inside of the doors also?

good progress, keep the pics coming

I used sound deadener in mine and it made a big difference I thought. I did the doors also. I'm sure you will too LOL! The doors shut more solid than they did when I got the car.

On your inserts did you paint in between the fins then have them rechromed? I know you said you had to clear them but I guess that's the last thing you did.

I taped off the tops and round the edges a bit and painted the inside 3/4's of the way up and bottoms of the fins.

I am doing the doors in spray soundproof/undercoating as Dan suggested that the mat can trap water and it would be better to spray in the doors.

You are so right about the quality of the product.

I brought my whole family down to the shop tonight to show them and when I closed the door my Wife remarked that it was quieter than her Durango.

Mop..

CUSUN

Sorry.....I didn't read your statement.

First re-chrome.

Then tape off (GREEN TAPE) and used some acid etch product.....rust mort will work.
Apply with Q-tip on exposed chrome to be painted and rinse with water

Then paint...no primer.

Eastwood Light Argent Metallic Textured Finish. 2-3 heavy coats 8-10" away.
Eastwood Diamond Chrystal Clear Coat for Painted Surface. 2 light coats

Did I piss everyone off?

No comments huh?

OK.....well here is todays work. All 8hrs.

Painted the outside of the rad and the evap coil.
Installed the AC box and final installed the rad/epap coil.
Undercoated the inside of the doors and back panels.
Fine tuned the sound/heat mat.

Sunday will be another full day.

No piss off, just hard to find the right words for your build.
I would for sure love to do the same build, it´s awesome.
Whish I could see it in reallity.

Keep the pics comming.

Thanks again.

It's hard for me to feel that it is that nice of a car as I don't see it through the same eyes as others. I am working on it and I see every flaw every day and since I am focused much of the time I don't see the big picture until I get home and down load the pics........last night was very helpful as I brought my family down to see it and they (and I) were taken aback by how beautiful it really is..............now I think I understand what it really is and will be........

Some days it seems like a dream....the car that is.

More pics later today.

Goals are finish brake lines and install steering column (Temp) and connecting parts between steering column and rack.
If time permits I have many more things to do.

CUL8R

Mop

I just wanted to drop in and let you know what a fantastic job your doing with your car:cheers:.The suspension and brake mods are awesome and I love that paint .Keep up the great work.

I just wanted to drop in and let you know what a fantastic job your doing with your car:cheers:.The suspension and brake mods are awesome and I love that paint .Keep up the great work.

X2 momoparman, This is my first time to look at the great work going on here. I am at loss for words =P~ except BOY HOWDY that fish is fine =P~

OK. We are back.

Man that was a lot of work and I am not sure if I can deal with 3 day car shows.......$$$$$$......my wallet is flat.

So anyway it was fun and busy and exhausting and I am spent.

Here are some pics of the fatty and one of me at the show. As always enjoy.

I get back to work on it Wednesday.

Mop

100_2099w.jpg

100_2115w.jpg

100_2116w.jpg

100_2118w.jpg

100_2165w.jpg

World of Wheels in Kansas City, MO.

Yes the crowd was in favor of the car.....tons of positive comments.

I could not enter as an unfinished car as they had no such class. That coupled with the fact that they (WOW) pick your class based on inspection of your car at the entry.

My car was placed in 60-69 mild custom...4-6 mods I think.....anyway you all know it's not finished so I rolled up the windows and installed the plug wires so it looked sorta finished.

Anyway I won best of class! Best of 60-69 mild custom.....I about SHIZZLED myself when they called my name I can assure you.

How embarrassing, me in a dirty blue thermal undershirt walking up to get an award that all the camaro and mustang owners in my class (LOTS!) probably felt I didn't deserve.

Today is different.....what a sweet victory for Ma Mopar.

I AM ULTRA FOCUSED ON GETTING THIS THING DONE NOW......I can't get back in the shop till wed:angry7:

The pentastar has always been a symbol of better quality than the blue oval and bowtie together!!!!!

Good job.

-
Back