Fat Blue Fish Build

-
console mock up...you can use this technique to set the height of the shifter.....most have a plate on the side that has a radius...that radius gets in the way of the half that I cut off the shifter indicator light housing.

Later when I get it closer I will get you better details.

Mop

100_2275w.jpg

100_2276w.jpg

100_2277w.jpg

Prime the damned thing for 1 minute, then fire it up. Git yer timing light out so you don't burn the thing up since you should run it for some time initially. Timing should be set within 30 seconds.

We expect to see video. Make some noise.

Keep pushing me......I am working on the fans right now...installed two and two relays and tied the orange to a switched circuit instead of the thermocouple...that way the fans always run when the car is on.

I am getting closer...my problem is where to mount the MSD box. I tried in the glovebox...or where the glovebox should be but it fits poorly and would be hard to adjust. I am considering moving it to the trunk or under the passenger seat.

Any suggestions? If I could get a good day in I might be able to get the wiring done.....I decided to F the stereo for now....the engine should be a sweet song by itself.

As for the rest...I keep getting sidetracked by 3 kids and a wife...they claim that they have lives as well....hmmmmm I don't see them working on Mopars...what kind of life do they have? I have soccer today and will be back on it tonight so keep prodding.

Mop

Keep pushing me......I am working on the fans right now...installed two and two relays and tied the orange to a switched circuit instead of the thermocouple...that way the fans always run when the car is on.

I am getting closer...my problem is where to mount the MSD box. I tried in the glovebox...or where the glovebox should be but it fits poorly and would be hard to adjust. I am considering moving it to the trunk or under the passenger seat.

Any suggestions? If I could get a good day in I might be able to get the wiring done.....I decided to F the stereo for now....the engine should be a sweet song by itself.

As for the rest...I keep getting sidetracked by 3 kids and a wife...they claim that they have lives as well....hmmmmm I don't see them working on Mopars...what kind of life do they have? I have soccer today and will be back on it tonight so keep prodding.

Mop

Feel for you, my two kids did play hockey when growing up just wasn´t any time to work on the fish. Now they are grown, instead the grandkids takes the time, LOL.

Are you ever going to fire that motor up or what? LOL

Mounting it in the trunk sounds like a good idea to me.... I'm not a big fan of mounting anything under the seat.... don't know why. Mine is under the hood because there is just no where under the dash to mount it and be able to get to it. Fastbacks are hard to conceal much for some reason... I mounted the battery in the trunk and had to work that battery just right or the cargo door wouldn't let down.

Yes you have to squeeeze it to the side to get the door down.

You are right...you would think since it's a fastback there would be plenty of room but noooooooooo.

I'm pushing.....just got back and having a snack then I get to work on it for a few hours in peace........I will try to do something impressive for you.

The motor will fire by next Friday mark my word.......if I can find an upper rad hose that is.

Mop

UPDATES

I had a delay thanks to faulty foundation work.....as you can see my fish had a harrowing experience last week as it was threatened by a weapon of mass destruction and then forced to share the garage with a huge pile of ....well debris.

Here are the hold up pics...to hold up my build pics I guess.

Mop

100_2278_01w.jpg

100_2288_00w.jpg

100_2292_00w.jpg

OK back to the build.....

Last night I wrapped up the wiring...at least 99%.

Place to hide relays and mount them is on driver side vent plenum...use short SS screws and the tighten nicely.

I need to run the exhaust dump wires and land 2 more and fini!

Next up is the console and shifter installation.

You can see my console is getting very busy on the inside. All the wiring for air ride, ex dumps and under/overdrive computer is stuffed in side leaving me a bit of room for a pack of gum.

I could have had it all installed under the dash exposed & trunk, but I wanted to give the appearance that there is nothing special going on in there.....kinda like a sleeper interior on a radical custom....??..

I will send details on the shifter installation soon....that's next.

Enjoy,

Mop

100_2293_00w.jpg

100_2294_00w.jpg

100_2298_00w.jpg

100_2301_00w.jpg

100_2302_00w.jpg

100_2305_00w.jpg

100_2320_00w.jpg

Confusedcuda........................just stay confused.

To start you need a couple of things...

Oil
Antifreeze
Gas....105 octane
Gear lube
Trans fluid
Charged Battery
Exhaust system
Drive shaft installed
Tire on wheels installed

Why.....cause I wanna drive it..not start it on blocks and rev it up.

Go back to sniffing natural gas...I think my anus is leaking.

I have a class 5 leak up here.....come quick.

Mop

For those who don't know, confusedcuda is a close fiend of mine....that's what I said...no r....just stops by on Friday and drinks all my beer and mumbles something encouraging b4 he leaves with my last 2 beers....

You know a typical buddy.

:thebirdm:

I get it now. Confusedcuda was tunneling in to kipe your exhaust.

Beat his ***.

And then make him go get that list of things you need to start the car, lest you beat his *** again.

Yea....whip Ma natures ***......I already tried that when I built the house on the side of a hill in CLAY county MO.....CLAY COUNTY MO......CLAY.....CLAY.....I guess I'm trying to say is CLAY county is a county with a lot of clay substrate.....and shale.............but don't get me going on the shale. 18' to rock in the shallow spot.

So you build and rebuild as you live with the shifty soil.

The scenery and serenity is worth the price............hang on.......I gotta shoot this damn goose as it's honkin is pissin me off.
Not everything is worth an *** whuppin.......just ask my kids.:love7:

Mop

OK here it is Thursday and I am supposed to get this thing fired up by tomorrow......I meant next Friday.

Here is more stuff to slow me down....keeping with the sleeper interior theme, here is what to do with worthless old heater controls that won't be used with new AC system.

Heater off/low/high = Fuel pump relay switch.
Warmer air slider = Air ride pump relay switch via micro switch attached on back.
Defrost/floor slider = Electric fans relay switch via second microswitch attached on back.

The switches mount very sano on the old cable strap bracket part of the assembly as you can see.

Now install back into dash bezel and the whole thing goes in tonight.

Mop

100_2324w.jpg

100_2325w.jpg

I'm hot...all over.

The engine deal starts next week as well as the brake deal.

I will hev it started next weekend Bchs.

Look on.

Mop

OK here it is Thursday and I am supposed to get this thing fired up by tomorrow......I meant next Friday.

Here is more stuff to slow me down....keeping with the sleeper interior theme, here is what to do with worthless old heater controls that won't be used with new AC system.

Heater off/low/high = Fuel pump relay switch.
Warmer air slider = Air ride pump relay switch via micro switch attached on back.
Defrost/floor slider = Electric fans relay switch via second microswitch attached on back.

The switches mount very sano on the old cable strap bracket part of the assembly as you can see.

Now install back into dash bezel and the whole thing goes in tonight.

Mop

That's a great idea!

Way to go!

See when I asked you might want to have your own thread ... that's what happens. Great ideas for others.

OK here is a few morsels for your enjoyment.....been busy with small parts and detail work.

I have the drive shaft in, exhaust in/wired. Wiring is done and I am ready to get it back to the shop to have the windshield reinstalled.

Here are a few pics of the shifter mods I had to make to get it to work under the stock console plate. I still have to run the cable though but I thought I would wait to get on a lift.

Mop

100_2300w.jpg

100_2303w.jpg

100_2302w.jpg

100_2312w.jpg

100_2328w.jpg

100_2329w.jpg

100_2332w.jpg

100_2333w.jpg

100_2336w.jpg

100_2357w.jpg

And a few more.....these show how I had to disassemble the shifter in order to grind off the arm and modify the gate...the last pic is me showing off....Buddy Martin and Big Daddy Don signed glove box lid for me at the 07 Nostdrags.

100_2358w.jpg

100_2363w.jpg

100_2364w.jpg

100_2367w.jpg

100_2371w.jpg

100_2374w.jpg

Here's an idea, how about honking the horn to turn the motor over? Just wire the starter relay to the horn relay.

I know I know, while I am sitting in the passenger seat, help yourself to a cigarette, using the car lighter (James Bond style) eject!

You flatter yourself confused one.

I think you mean when you are riding in the trunk...the one with the built in rufenol gas dispenser.....what do you mean you don't remember me dropping you off at the rainbow room.:toothy2:

Arrrgh matey...

Yea...I twisted it al right.

N other late nighr.......12:23 a.M....hello today....

I got the shifter dialed in....anyone want to put a sweet TCI style shifter in the stock console can e-mail me for D rections.

So I am down to cable...gotta be 3' at most.

Gas...Yancy in Smithville has a new stash of 110.

Oil...Got Amsoil 10-40 Syn.

Fluids....nasty...you all are just nasty.

I need my 3 prong pigtail for the trans to land the Nsftyswch.
Coming for $11.something....I got one for my buddy confusedcuda but he doesn't know it yet......dude you owe me $59.00.

Next Fri.....I promise....Double dog dare myself....I tried to get you some vid but my software needs and upboot.

Mop

-
Back