Favorate band growing up

-
acdc rare earth the who the guess who jefferson airplane jefferson starship styx reo speedwagon pink floyd grand funk railroad tom petty heart queen mountain the beatles the doors. ohhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Growing up and still now, my favorites were Led Zeppelin for the blunt force hard rock and Yes for the more refined stuff. Like everybody else though I liked Bad Company, Foreigner, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Aerosmith, The Who, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Allman Bros.. and the list goes on.

scan0001 (Medium).jpg

Motley Crue
Dio
Dokken
Def Leppard
Twisted Sister
Deep Purple
Led Zep
Iron Maiden
Priest
Zebra
Lita Ford
Moody Blues
Ozzy
Quiet Riot
Kiss
Black Sabbath

80's metal head banger here!!!!

George
Good taste!!

I listen to music all day, every day... I always go back to Judas Priest, Megadeth, GnR, Skid Row etc. And some of the old underground metal bands - Coroner, Laaz Rockit, Sacred Reich, Heathen, etc etc etc

Nothin like some old Metal to make ya stop the car, put it back in 1st gear, and burn rubber!

:D

I dated the bass player from Cinderella...

I'm engaged to one of the original LA Guns. :-D In fact, he kept me up til 3:20 this morning jammin' in the other room. And still sounds pretty dayum good too, I have to admit. (I took my snare drum apart a couple weeks ago to powder coat it so I couldn't join in.)

But I'm a solid Rush fan through and through -- theirs make up most of my vinyl/CD/tape collection. Little Feat (yeah Ramcharger I love them too), SRV, Aerosmith, old VH (not Van Hagar), Triumph, Led Zep, Meat Loaf [it's not just for dinner anymore], Deep Purple, and OF COURSE Frank Zappa. The list is long and my tastes are pretty diverse. As long as it's not rap or country, I'll crank it up.

Cool thread and lots of great memories are alive and well here.

ccr, zztop, bad company, the who, beatles, led zeppelin, dire straits, the real cool thing is that my 13 YO daughter likes all my old music too. I can't stump her with a beatles tune, I can still get her with some of the older ccr stuff though.

Metallica
Pink Floyd
seriously very little else ever is or was heard through my speakers.

Yep. I feel sorry for those of you who never got to see Frank Zappa in concert. Without a doubt THE best bands on the planet, playing some of THE most technically demanding music ever penned.

Frank, thanks for my 30th birthday wish you sent me lo those many years ago. You are missed, but your music lives on!

68 Sedan Booger, you're soooooo right! At the ripe old age of 14, Frank was my second concert ever. Saw him at the Rainbow Music Hall in Denver with comic Jeff Valdez to warm him up. It was truly fear instilling and something to remember for the rest of my life.

He is indeed sorely missed.

ZZ top,Bob Seger,Zeppelin,AC/DC,Mellencamp,Boston,STYX ,Van Halen just to many.
I think it would be a tie between these for me.

Wow. You know your getting old when a kid at a car show recently asked if the old Nixon/Agnew political sticker that was on my cuda rear bumper was a band. These were all my favs. & still are

Rush
Black Sabath
Led Zeplin
Skynyrd
Doors
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Quiet Riot
The Who
Bad Company
Boston
Aerosmith
Billy Joel
Styxx
Queen
April Wine
Twisted Sister
Heart

Wow. You know your getting old when a kid at a car show recently asked if the old Nixon/Agnew political sticker that was on my cuda rear bumper was a band. These were all my favs. & still are

Rush
Black Sabath
Led Zeplin
Skynyrd
Doors
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Quiet Riot
The Who
Bad Company
Boston
Aerosmith
Billy Joel
Styxx
Queen
April Wine
Twisted Sister
Heart

HELL YEAH! I didnt know anyone else listened to April Wine. Gotta love "Roller"

Definitely The Beatles. Follow that by just about everything McCartney did in his solo career. I've been to a lot of concerts, and the live stuff is always the best. I've seen Van Halen, Ted Nugent, Molly Hatchet, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benetar, Dio, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Boston, Blue Oyster Cult, Cheap Trick, The Offspring, Jefferson Airplane, and many others, but none could compare with the live performance I saw in Philly, Pa. of Paul McCartney in the first tour he did after John Lennon was murdered. Definitely have to see him next year when he tours again. Here's a link to some my space stuff by him and his current band. Enjoy!!!!!
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=662717316

I'm also watching closely to see when AC/DC does their farewell tour. It is opening in a city just 20 miles south of me. Don't want to miss that one.
Frank H.

With all the Metallica talk in this thread I thought I'd post this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2W9O8JMgo

That's me on the right, in 1986. That's from the Metallica Binge & Purge box set. It was also shown during the "Evening With Metallica" tour before the show.

That's my 15 minutes of fame. ;-)

Ditto too..

Black Sabath
Led Zeplin
Skynyrd
Doors
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Quiet Riot
The Who
Bad Company
Boston
Aerosmith
Billy Joel
Styxx
Queen
April Wine
Twisted Sister
Heart

and add Tull, Credence, BTO, Rush, Doors, Moody Bles, Doors and many so many more Pink at the top of my list.. I like deep music.. oh and deep purple too! Early Dear Mr. fanatasy by Mr. Winwood too. awesome tune.. Dam the list is over 500 artist if you want the truth...

funny this thread pops up a friend of mine is having a birthday party tonite at a local lake here in AZ and just so happens the houseboat owner who is hosting the party is friends with Bob Seger. He's expected to show up & maybe entertain some. I was bummed I didn't know that acquaintance & didn't get invited.

ironic that when I was 16 yrs old The Bob Seger System performed at our local weekend dance club in the little podunk town of Tarentum, Pa. That was in 1968.

Here is another band I grew up listening to and finally got to meet in July. I'm the one on lt right with the perma grin on my face. From Roca Rolla to Pinkiller,Judas priest has gone from my casette, to cd, to my Mp3 player

jp.jpg

With all the Metallica talk in this thread I thought I'd post this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2W9O8JMgo

That's me on the right, in 1986. That's from the Metallica Binge & Purge box set. It was also shown during the "Evening With Metallica" tour before the show.

That's my 15 minutes of fame. ;-)

LOL How jacked up were you in that video!

I found my old jacket now where is that ripped up flannel shirt at?

100_2310.jpg

100_2311.jpg

100_2312.jpg

rainbow dio deep purple black sabbath zep floyd hollies megadeth ugly kid joe
ac/dc ozzy tony carey suicdal tendencies iron madiden savoy brown guns n roses soundgarden type o negative the list could go on forever :rock:

And Jeff Healy bless his soul.
Eric Claton dun it for me too.:rock:

My friend's mother-in-law used to babysit Jeff when he was just a wee lad. My friend's wife said even back then, they all knew he was going to be great when he got older. They were right!

-
Back