Favorate band growing up

-
That's me on the right, in 1986. That's from the Metallica Binge & Purge box set. It was also shown during the "Evening With Metallica" tour before the show.

That's my 15 minutes of fame. ;-)
Nice Venom shirt! :cheers: Man I wish I could have seen all those thrash shows back in the mid 80's...

I like most of the bands mentioned, but I had a Pink Floyd ( Dark Side of The Moon ) 8 track that I wore plum out!

Van Halen. Def leppard, beatles, and of course Barry Mellow.....Just kidding:read2:
Robert plant and that video with all the women........

LOL How jacked up were you in that video!

I found my old jacket now where is that ripped up flannel shirt at?

The back of my denim was hand painted (remember those from the 80s?), with a screaming skull on the left, a big Black Sabbath cross in the middle with a hand bursting out of it doing the devil's horns thing. Very cool. Once it got too dirty and smelly to wear any more, we had a little ceremony and burned it. Sad, kinda of. My brother still has his leather with Suicidal Tendencies painted on the back.

thrasher said:
Nice Venom shirt!

Good eye! Now, what pins are on the pocket of that jacket?

I always followed that rule about not wearing the band's shirt that you're going to see... So I'd wear Venom to see Metallica, Motorhead to see Venom, Metallica to see Motorhead, Manowar to see Megadeth, Megadeth to see Suicidal, Suicidal to see Bad Brains, etc, etc...

Man I wish I could have seen all those thrash shows back in the mid 80's...

There was a club here on LI where all the "big names" at the time played, I got to see pretty much everybody. The "huge names" would play that club under assumed names. I was there one night when there was like 15 people in the club and Metallica (playing as Creeping Death) hit the stage. Pretty damn awesome. Off the top of my head, I remember seeing in that club:

Judas Priest (Halford rode his bike out onto the stage)
Megadeth
DRI
Sick Of It All
Manowar (like 50 times)
Motorhead (5 or 6 times)
Crumbsuckers (more times that I can remember)
Biohazard
Metallica (as Creeping Death)
Winger (heard they were shooting a video and thought there'd be hot girls there)
Alice Cooper
SOD
MOD
Anthrax
Venom
Slayer
Testament
Helloween
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Suicidal Tendencies
Cyco Mico
Exodus
Nuclear Assault
Pro-Pain
Metal Church
Gothic Slam
Celtric Frost
Agnostic Front
Voi Void
Lita Ford (hot, hot, hot!)
Flotsam and Jetsam
Cro-Mags

Plus a whole load of lesser known bands that didn't last long.

When I was little, the Beatles. From the time I was about 15 until now, RUSH. I have seen them somewhere around 40 times since 1977.

Who did Frank Zappa fire from his band telling him he was to good, and needed to have his OWN band?

I was always a KISS fan, my wife kind of likes some of their stuff since we were married. But most of all, Her brother, who is 26 today, is getting into ACDC, Shinedown, Poision, Cinderella, etc. Stuff I was into in the days when it was cool to have a mullet, tight jeans that was around your waist not your thighs, and wore a black rock shirt.

I'm into the older Beatles stuff now, and my older brother was into that when he was in High School

Doubie Brothers and Boston toolmanmike Listened to everything.

I was always a KISS fan, my wife kind of likes some of their stuff since we were married. But most of all, Her brother, who is 26 today, is getting into ACDC, Shinedown, Poision, Cinderella, etc. Stuff I was into in the days when it was cool to have a mullet, tight jeans that was around your waist not your thighs, and wore a black rock shirt.

Man those were the good old days.

CCR and Stones here.

How do you know you are getting old? When you were young and you heard the word "stones" your thoughts went to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. We you are old and you hear the word "stones" your thoughts go to your kidneys and gal bladder.

Skynyrd (seen once live)
Clapton (once)
ZZ-Top (4 times)
Doobie Brothers (once)
Queen (first concert)
Bad Company ( never but I did see Paul Rogers, Incredible voice)
Kenny Wayne Shephard ( once, I don't think I've seen his named mentioned in this thread)

Bands I havn't seen that I wish I had.

AC/DC
Zep
Supertramp
Beatles
CCR
Molly Hatchet
The Outlaws
Charlie Daniels Band

Yes I admit it, I like country. Mostly the new stuff but some old stuff too.

Big and Rich
Montgomery Gentry
Brooks and Dunn
Miranda Lambert
Gretchen Wilson
Corb Lund
Hank 1 2 and 3
Waylon Jennings
Shooter Jennings (interesting story about how he got the nickname shooter ;) )
Johnny Horton
Jimmy Dean

Just to name a few. I won,t even go into the blues stuff I like right now. ;)

I'll jump in the fire.....Iron Maiden And metallica started it for me along with Black Sabbath..That led to Slayer and Danzig..to Kind Diamond/Mercyful Fate...Kreator...Coroner...Possesed.Then came Canibal Corpse..Pantera...Six Feet Under...White Zombie.Torture Killer,Now I'm diggin Arch Enemy..Amon Amarth...three inches of blood...High on Fire... and you other metal heads or anyone else check out Opeth if you haven't yet!!!!!!

Oh yah. I forgot my all time favourite. Not a band but a lifestyle and a movement.

Jimmy Buffett.

Yes I am a terminal Parrothead and have been since the early 70's.:prayer:

What about The Clash, The Pistols, Ramones any other punks out there?:angry7:

Im in the metal category with mikelbeck....im a big concert goer...just saw judas priest, heaven and hell, motorhead and testament back in august....id say some fav's are pantera, black label, ozzy, priest, slayer, maiden, testament, megadeth, motorhead, metallica, iced earth....the list is just way too long....like old saying goes Metal up ur ***! =)

well i was born in 88 so im bit younger than most of ya but metallica , rob zombie , system of the down, taking back sunday, stone sour, seether, papa roach, linkin park, disturbed , and some of the oldies like hendrix , lynard skynard, motely crew and a few others

You can really realize your age after talking to a youngster about a band that you really dug and still listen to when they say " I think I know who you are talking about"

Just wndoering about the generation out here.
My faverates on 8 track pioneer super tuner were Pink Floyd, John Lennon, Yes, Led zepplin, Reo, Bad Finger.

Best of all: Pink Floyd , Dark Side & Led for the Head!

Top one DSOTM.

No acid involved.

Wow, I had the same Pioneer super tuner 8 track, with ONLY an FM radio..I think it's still around here somewhere ... I listened to mostly the same music, but a lot of Beatles and Allman Brothers band too ..

Kenny

-
Back