Favorate band growing up

-
Bauhaus
Sonic Youth
Dead Kennedys
Minor Threat
Motorhead
Am I cool yet?

If you like Bauhaus - have you seen/heard the minivan commercial wih Tones on Tail, "Go" yet? Everytime it comes on I turn up the tv - my wife thinks I am nuts - but then agai, that's for a separate thread.

To the topic

In H.S. I listened to Rush (wore out at least 3 Exit Stage Left cassettes), Night Ranger, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Dio, and of course Pink Floyd.

After H.S. - got into more "Alternative" stuff, Suicidal Tendencies, Bauhuas, Love & Rockets, NIN, Ministry, RevCo, Soundgarden...

How about Alice Coooper, Deep Purple, Nazarath, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, BTO, April Wine, Hendrix, Ultravox, Mettalica, Rob Zombie to name a few of my favorites, I like them all as well as a few new ones like Puddle of mudd, Green Day, The Verve, the list goes on..... Really, I like them all, not into Country,except old stuff, or rap/hip hop. Everyone has something to them as long as they have the willingness and the grit to make it and if they belive in themselves..... that's life, and that's what it's all about. IMHO. Tom.:supz:

As a teenager in the late 60s/early 70s I'd have to say:
Jimi Hendrix
Moody Blues
America
Jefferson Airplane
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
I still like alot of 60s Motown too.
There were ALOT of others, but these are what I still listen to, generally. The scary thing is, as time goes on I realize alot of the groups I liked were kinda "one hit wonders" --- makes me wonder about my taste in music:scratch:

I used to listen to AC/DC and Nazereth and the Eagles (double live) on my
8- track in my first car a 1974 Impala on th 8-track. That meant I had to keep cruzin' downtown until my favorite song came back around again.

8):burnout:

graduated HS in '91:
RUSH
AC/DC
Van Halen
Queensryche
Maiden
Metallica
Pink Floyd (had Dark Side of the Moon painted on my denim jacket)
Skynyrd
ZZ Top
Ozzy
some country bands

cromags, skrewdriver, mahavishnue orchestra, motorhead ,misfits, blitz,
pink floyd [piper at the gates of dawn, some hank jr, merle haggard, zepplin,
dayglo abortions, gg allin,midtown boot boys, rose tattoo, the mentors, ect.

Dead on Dude!!!!! I thought maybe the newer bands would throw ya off a bit! or did you look at my profile? lol.

Actually I found your post and read that you listened to a lot of Kiss. I would`ve guessed you were in your early 40`s but I saw your age in your profile so that blows my theory to (Smithereens) Lol!. A lot of young guys love Zep, Rush, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc. so it`s sometimes difficult to tell age by music.

Grand Funk Railroad

Ah Grand Funk, fun band and Mark Farner, not the greatest guitar player but I loved the way he sang, oh and Don Brewer was a great drummer for the times. Who didn`t have the RED album? What guitar player that had a band back then didn`t play "I`m your Captain"? They were one of the first concerts I ever saw along with bands like, Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, Three Dog Night, The Allman Bros.. The Hampton Coliseum here was finished in 1969 and opened for concerts shortly thereafter. I`ve enjoyed countless concerts there including the Stones in 75, 78, and 81. The Grateful Dead made an annual visit which always transformed the town into mini Woodstock once a year. A lot of fun and good memories,good acoustics, and nice architecture too.

800px-Hampton_coliseum.jpg

A lot of young guys love Zep, Rush, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc. so it`s sometimes difficult to tell age by music.QUOTE]

I like them to, heck I grew up with my grand parents listening to Lawrence Welk, an Aunt with old country, and one psycho aunt that was VERY religious!

Im in the metal category with mikelbeck....im a big concert goer...just saw judas priest, heaven and hell, motorhead and testament back in august....id say some fav's are pantera, black label, ozzy, priest, slayer, maiden, testament, megadeth, motorhead, metallica, iced earth....the list is just way too long....like old saying goes Metal up ur ***! =)

"Hellbent for Leather"

71 Scamp soon to have a
340, 727, 4:10 suregrip

I just saw the same concert in New Jersey. Heaven and Hell and Judas Priest ruled. They put on a great show.
Frank H.

Eagles
Boston
38 Special
Moody Blues
Foreigner
Styx
Journey
REO

I second that list, and would add:
Duran-Duran (come one, they were cool back in the day)
Hall & Oates
Police
Beatles
Early Rod Stewart
Huey Louis - Only group I saw twice. First time was accidentally in 1983 in Albany, GA, and they opened for 38 Special. 1.5 years later, they were headlining in Atlanta after Sports came out!

Nowadays, it's all Contemporary Christian, with excellent groups like:
Aaron Shust
Sons of Korah
Relient K
Caedmon's Call

I'm 22yrs young but i still like those bands. Def Leopard is my favorite, Especially Pyromania. Motly Crue, Led Zeplin, Journey, Chicago. Today's music just aint as good.

I am a concert freak I just saw Paul Weller at the Wiltern in downtown LA 2 weeks ago and I am going to go see RANCID at the H.O.B. in Anaheim this coming Saturday. I love pretty much anything from Blues to Country. To me it's more about the decades and the lifestyle. I was born in '65, and loved all the Beatles and Stones and the Doors, Even Neil Young and Buffalo Springfield. Then the 70's brought out ELO and Elton John and Billy Joel great stuff. Led Zep and all the classic rock stuff. A couple of years age I bought the Led Zep "How the West was One" Live from the Forum and Long Beach Arenas in the early 70's . I love Devo, Oingo Boingo to Duran Duran, with the Jam and the Smiths from Cure to Tones on Tail. New Order and Joy Division. Never miss any 80's stuff either. Prince is great as well as one of my closet favs Luther Vandross. I met John Doe from X in a hot spring in Mammoth Mtn with some buddies 3 years ago. (Sounds Gay) I love the Clash and all that is Reggae and Ska new or old. I just the Fixx and the Alarm 1 month ago opening up for the English beat. Punk damn do get me started. I grew in high school during the early 80's in the OC and Punk was busting tape players and heads. I love The Sex Pistols and The Ramones Also Genx and Exploited before Punk became POP. I love Black Flag and Henry Rollins as well as the DK's and the Melvins. The late 80's brought out the Metal scene in LA and I saw that stuff then too from Motley Crue, LA Guns to Guns and Roses before they had an record label Even some cheese Hair Bands that never made it. Then i met my wife a Country Music Lover. She loves old school Country like Merle the Pearl and The Possum George Jones they are all great. I have kept 98% off all the concert stubs of all the shows I have been to. That's probably 500. Oh yeah and Elvis no not that one Elvis Costello. Living where i do there's a concert or gig to see every weekend...

-
Back