favorite all time Daily Driver?

-
My favorite daily driver was a '71 Demon 318 3 speed stick on the floor.
It has been the most dead nuts reliable car i have owned. It was a beater when i bought it in 1981 for $400, but it never let me down and would always start even in 40 below weather without a block heater. It went pretty good too.

My favorite DD is my 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 Cummins I bought it new in Dec. of 2002 back then it got 16.5mpg now with 290,000 on it gets 19mpg. Its by far the best ride I have ever had. It was broke down in this pic the water pump went out took me 30 min. on the side of the road to fix. Cummins is the first motor in years that I have had that was made to work on

Attachments

• 1259.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 293
One of two Chargers -

For fun and cool factor, my '71 Super Bee (383, pistol grip 4 speed) that I drove in College.

For fun and comfort and reliability, my '13 Charger RT (5.7 Hemi, NAG auto) - AC that works - heated and cooled seats - heated and cooled cupholders - zillion-way adjustable front seats - remote start - moonroof - power everything - never have to take the key out of my pocket - doesn't eat starter motors or alternators - etc.

Favorite? Toss up between my 89 tempo and my 01 echo.

Tempo because it was a $400 car that I didn't care about. I would throw anything in it, park it anywhere and drove it like I didn't care about it.

My echo because I bought it new, got 40mpg never let me down and had a big enough trunk for me to put anything I wanted in it.

Coolest daily driver would probably have been my lil red express truck. Though my 90 mustang ragtop was gun and cool too.

What one I had the most fun in. Hands down my first car. 73 Pontiac lemans sport coupe. 350 3 speed on the floor.

This is our daily driver(actually its my wife's car) 89 420 Sel. Its amazing on the highway, tons of power super comfy, and classy. Cheap to buy, a little bit expensive to maintain. Not great on gas either, but i love it non-the-less.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 277
My favorite was my 78 Dually. I got more attention and compliments in that truck then anything else I've ever driven! 440, 727, 4.10 Dana, loaded with options. Nothing beats doing burnouts in a dually!:burnout:

Attachments

• 78 D-300.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 267
Favorite? Toss up between my 89 tempo and my 01 echo.

Tempo because it was a $400 car that I didn't care about. I would throw anything in it, park it anywhere and drove it like I didn't care about it.

My echo because I bought it new, got 40mpg never let me down and had a big enough trunk for me to put anything I wanted in it.

Coolest daily driver would probably have been my lil red express truck. Though my 90 mustang ragtop was gun and cool too.

What one I had the most fun in. Hands down my first car. 73 Pontiac lemans sport coupe. 350 3 speed on the floor.

Oh the old 80s Tempo...... I remember them well. My friends parents had one that we would cruise around in. 4 banger, automatic with AC. We would drive around with the AC on, mash it to the floor, quickly turn the AC off for that "Turbo Boost" feeling.

I truly believe the AC sucked out half the engine power.

Damn that car was so slow it made it fun to drive.

my parts chaser is a 95 crown vic , one of the most comfortable cars I have driven

when I was in high school I drove a 70 charger 318 auto on the floor, I drove it to school & to work it was ralley red with a black top

1961 Plymouth Fury 4-Door

The 'ugliest' car this side of the Pacific Ocean.

Pulled off the Muffler, and the neighbors loved it 'After Midnight'.

1961PlymouthFury.jpg

This...

It was my first truck and I still have it to this day and use it as a daily driver. A 1984 Dodge Power-Ram 50 (D50. For you guys down under, or across the pond, an L200).

1961 Plymouth Fury 4-Door

The 'ugliest' car this side of the Pacific Ocean.

Pulled off the Muffler, and the neighbors loved it 'After Midnight'.

1961PlymouthFury.jpg

I drove my truck for 2 months with open headers. Whenever I came home, my roommate's dog would run and hide under the bed. A full-grown pitbull. He was such a wuss. That dog defined "all bark, no bite". He'd stand at the edge of the yard and bark all day long like he meant business. The moment you got close, he'd put his head down like you were gonna wail him and his tail would go between his legs. Even with strangers lol.

Have to say my 2002 Ranger, there are so many of them out there it's virtually invisible to johnny law and with the 4 cyl/5speed combo it gets great fuel mileage. Its hauled everything Ive ever asked it to without compliant, admittedly I've had severely over loaded at times, and its never failed to start and get me where I need to go in realtive comfort.

8kaZ4eS.jpg

My favourite daily driver is my '97 BMW. 523i

It had now passed the 400.000 km, without any repairs. Only maintannance..

8.2L/100 km, it still runs 230 km/h on highway.

BMW wants to sell me a new one - but why spend 100.000 $ for a car that's for sure not so unfailing ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 161
my 67 dart. bought it when i was 17. started as a 273 car. i built a 318 for it when i was 17/18. put that in with a manually shifted 727 and 3.55 rear gears. was only car i owned. I would drive the car from tacoma, wa to the drag strip in woodburn, or and run the car and drive it home the next day. car ran mid 13s. best years of my life were with that car before i pulled it apart.

I can't pick one favorite. I don't want to spend a lot of time in a car I don't like.

In no particular order:

The '70 Chrysler 300 convertible was a great beater that always started in the four years I had it.

Shelby CSX Shadow was a great runner and then I had a mild re-cal & it was something else. Rode a bit harsh. Sold it to a buddy which was like giving a monkey a loaded gun!

The '99 Chrysler short wheel base Minivan with a 3.8l was fantastic! In fact I'm addicted to the '96- 2000 Caravan Sport or ES short minivans! I used to put my Kawaski stand-up Jet Ski inside, was easier to load & unload on a boat ramp than a trailer! Also when I was racing Kats they were great to haul my racing stuff around.

In college had a '72 Buick LeSabre four door, I was the designated driver since I didn't drink and let's just say the back seat area was large.

My favorite daily driver was my 2001 Durango r/t Best most reliable vehicle I ever owned. If fuel prices were not so high I would buy another I miss it.

Probably have to be my 61 Anglia. 1600cc Pinto engine, turned 7500 rpm (no, not stock)
then maybe my 57 chev shorty wagon, 50 DeSoto, or 60 Willys Wagon. All fun and all daily drivers.

Attachments

• my anglia small.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 131
  • our willys for clock-small.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 131
My all time favorite was a 1973 Chrysler Newport 4dr hardtop.

Pulled the 400 and installed a mild 383 and the improvement was incredible!
Swear the power doubled, and it would get easily 20-21 hwy mpg imp. gals.
Bought it in 1981 for 1400.00 drove it for 12 years , then did a complete rebuild,
retired it from winter driving and road salt and used it for road trips mostly
Until 2010 when I finally sold it. That's 29 years of fun driving!
It was the next best thing to a time machine for long trips, cruising effortlessly at any speed.

Downside; Marginal braking system, practically no engine braking with a 2.73 rear
so it could get scary on long downhill grades in the mountains when you had to stay on the pedal too much. Boiled my brake fluid once and had to pull over and let everything cool down.
Also air conditioner was a lousy setup , could never keep it working for long with
that mopar climate control system

But still my all time favorite! Go figure!

Very cool thread. I love reading about your rides!

Mine is my Dart Sport... bought it in the 1990s in high school and it defined my existence. I always sacrificed and parked it for the CT winters (which meant I was car-less for the 4-5 "salty" months) but there's almost nothing a guy won't do for the CAR he loves. :D

The car had inflated importance to me because of the time in my life that I acquired it what it took to save up for it but it was also just a damn good car. Comfortable, relativel torquey, decent on gas (318 2bbl, 2.73 axle) and I always just felt good driving it and being seen in it. Yep, I was proud of my humble Dart (and still am. :) )

We never know what the future holds but I'm loyal to my old Dart and I'll keep it for as long as humanly possible.

Keep the stories coming, guys!!

this is my favorite ride and it only gets 1mpg and only goes 10kts but its been in the family now for 29 years and seen some weather.

Attachments

• cjiv (shrunk).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 124
I have to admit I like the snot outta my 04. Even though the engine has given me trouble twice, it runs extremely well and gets mileage that starts with a "2". Never have figured it further than that cause twenty something is good enough for a V6 auto with 4.10 gears.

Have to say my 2002 Ranger, there are so many of them out there it's virtually invisible to johnny law and with the 4 cyl/5speed combo it gets great fuel mileage. Its hauled everything Ive ever asked it to without compliant, admittedly I've had severely over loaded at times, and its never failed to start and get me where I need to go in realtive comfort.

8kaZ4eS.jpg

-
Back