Favorite and least favorite year...

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What's everybody's favorite and least favorite year model for the A body? Keep it nice, without bashin. lol

My favorite, even though I have a 63 Dart is the 63 Valiant. My least favorite is the 66 Cars. They got flat across the front in 66 and I just don't prefer them. I have seen some nice ones though....and no offense to anybody with a 66.

I particularly like the 1971 Swinger. Although the 70 and the 72 are very similar, I prefer the 71.

The 71 has the same grill and side markers as the 70, and the same rear bumper/tail light combination as the 72.

Least favorite A body is difficult. Probably the 1973 and later "beak" cars.

My favorite always changes, but I do really like 65 Darts and 64 Valiants. My least favorite would be 75-76 darts because of the grille they used.

my handle should have been Ranidart72 ...bcoz the 72 swinger/demon .....especially the swinger is my favorite car ever. i absolutely love the 72 grille and side markers .....and well everything about that year. the bench seats that were new for 72 folded almost flat and IMO 72 was a year of innovation.

least favorite year: 66

Dang, no wonder why you kids don't like me. LOL

68 hands down...

Best dart
Best valiant
And who wouldn't take a 68 340 cuda

In my opinion

Least favorite is probably 74 and later

I don't care for the latest stuff with the "picnic table bumpers" (shock absorb)

Not really REAL fond of the 66

My favorites are the 67-9 trio

ANY of them look better than some of the stuff made in the last 30 years!!!!! (regardless of brand)

When it comes to A-Body cars, I Don't really have one favorite, I like most of them, especially the early-A's :glasses7:

Me?......'68 Darts rule. But of course, '69's are great too. '72 Demons have a special place in my heart too, that's for sure. Especially with a 340 and a Mr. Norm's Paxton on top. :D
Least?....'66, like a lot of others. Sorry, hate to "dog-pile". But remember....the thread title does say "least favorite" not "hate".

Early A's to me are a little weird and that's my attraction to them. I could own one, definitely, like a '65 Cuda or a Signet. But then.....I usedta also own a '62 Studebaker Lark!

I hate these threads. Last thing anyone wants to hear is that their car is someones least favorite. Therefore I reserve comment.

Dang, no wonder why you kids don't like me. LOL
Ah i like ya mike! My fav is the 63 to 66 darts . NOT a barracuda lol but thats what i ended up with lmao Ive had a 64 val but I still want a dart wagon . being a 66 is the top one on my list .I would trade my barracuda in a hart beat for a driver wagon lol :razz:

like the 66 and earlier:glasses7: gotta have my wing vents and curves.
least favorite the later square bodies. to me there's no "look" or style. reminds me of a slab sided car. even though they have lots of "go"
most disliked " beaks and bumpers" year cars.
(I don't like the nose or the bumpers at all) the center of the car looks similar to any of the year square body's
if I have to pick a year of the square bodies then I'd say 69 swinger pain jane (bought one used, loved the power. 340 4 speed) but I never looked at the car other than to flog the heck out of it!
then again I like fin's or fat fenders on old cars too. specially toads!

it is kinda strange how over time your tastes can change......i was never a fan of 68 darts bcoz i thought the round turn signals looked kinda dumb .......but that changed bcoz now i have a 68 that has become very dear to me and after being around it for as long as i have had it .....i dont think there is anything wrong with the way it looks now lol

sometimes we dog pile and assume things about certain cars but maybe if you have the chance to really look at any given car ....it could sway you to either like it more or not want that particular type and there will always be cars that we just down right dont like.

i never used to be a fan of early As at all but ever since Mr. Geof posted a thread about 63 darts and i really took time to study the pics in the thread ....i kinda want one now :tongue:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=220535

so its good to have an opinion of what you like and dont like ....but maybe its good if ppl are not so headstrong about it and have an open mind .....they are all Ma Mopars children.

Favorite - 76 Dart Sport yep ("beak" and all) love the grille too...eat it haters. Least favorite any GM 1936-1958

...but maybe its good if ppl are not so headstrong about it and have an open mind .....they are all Ma Mopars children.

So right you are about that, Rani Sox.....because I could easily own '66340SEDAN's car. I LOVE that car's look!

image.php

So right you are about that, Rani Sox.....because I could easily own '66340SEDAN's car. I LOVE that car's look!

image.php

his is awesome .......another really nice 66 is Mr. Brian's (hollywood Hig)

Attachments

• S5004718.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 178
Favorite - 63-64 Darts, followed by early Dusters/Demons
Least favorite - 67 and up Darts/Valiants

-
Back