• Cheddar..mild

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Cheddar...medium

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Havarti

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters
-
I like all of the options except swiss, but the cheese has to match the sandwich or burger.

You forgot sharp cheddar :( that's my favorite cheddar.

I get down with the soft bre sometimes. Like fancy cream cheese... I like where this whole thread went...

Cheese curds don't know if that's the right name. I haven't had them for at least 5 years last time I was in Newboro Ontario:blob: Don't think you can buy it in Pennsylvania:banghead:

View attachment 1458531811190-1962367302.jpg

View attachment 14585318864331408468481.jpg

Granted, I have only been doing this for a year or so but I have never had cheese pickup THIS much color. I normally smoke cheese when it is 35-40* ambient. When I started this at 6 a.m. we were 30*. We ended up a tick under 60* so the cheese was softer than normal. I will be keeping this batch, I have a feeling that after the 14 day restingredients period this will be some very potent stuff. Part of the cold smoking process is moisture is removed from the food. Some of the chunks had some of the oil wicked out of it....to the point that the cheese developed cracks. I need to start building my supply up so we have enough smoked cheese til the fall so this will just go into my stash lol. I have to pick up some steel grate to fabricate some fire grates tomorrow so I will be stopping by Cash and Carry and Costco again. When I was in the stores last week I noticed that they had several of the cheeses that have been mentioned here...I will be picking one or two of them up to try. Someone local has been dropping all sorts of hints about wanting some smoked Gouda...that will be one of them.
My father-in-law sent us up a small chunk of some sort of cheese from Mexico City....I didn't care for that one bit...hopefully whatever I grab tomorrow fares better lol...

Ernestina just opened the fridge where we keep the cheese...the house smells fantastic now...

I never realized everyone loves CHEESE!!!!! usually stuff I love, other people don't!! LOL Brunswick Stew, cheesy grits, hoe cakes, jalapenos stuffed with crabmeat and wraped in bacon... grilled...... yum!

Went to town and picked up some more cheese....and now I have enough metal to start on my next Reverse Flow smoker build...just need to get the chopper off of the bike lift so I can use the lift to avoid some of the hunched over welding...

Now that it is,sat for a few days it looks great. Just need to get it sealed up and packed. Will be shipping it out Monday...

Never met a cheese I didn't like except for Limberger (smells like the stinkiest feet you ever smelled) and that orange paste they call "American cheese." When I was stationed in Spain I picked up a taste for the local stuff called Manchego, made from sheep's milk. You can find it now in the gourmet bin in a lot of stores in the states.

I hear ya - but I have to say - it always blows me away when I meet people who don't like cheese... stop for a second and think of all the awesome things you wouldn't want to eat... what's the first thing that comes to mind... yea, pizza... HOLY CRAP!
I never realized everyone loves CHEESE!!!!! usually stuff I love, other people don't!! LOL Brunswick Stew, cheesy grits, hoe cakes, jalapenos stuffed with crabmeat and wraped in bacon... grilled...... yum!

Never met a cheese I didn't like except for Limberger (smells like the stinkiest feet you ever smelled) and that orange paste they call "American cheese." When I was stationed in Spain I picked up a taste for the local stuff called Manchego, made from sheep's milk. You can find it now in the gourmet bin in a lot of stores in the states.
Limberger....when I was in my late teens I used to really like Yahoo's and Hot Fries. The combination...well....made me burposted frequently.....sort of smelled like a mix of a trash dump on a hot humid day with a hint of septic tank...used to drive a buddy damn near every everywhere. Joe would often be seen hanging out of the passenger window getting some air. We worked at Ziebart for a while. One morning we are driving to work and he pulls out his breakfast...a sandwich that had a half inch of liver wurst, a half inch of Limberger and a 1 inch thick slice of onion. I was gagging. He managed to force this thing into his gut. Next couple hours he was bitching about heartburn and how dirty his mouth felt. Later that day he was laying on his back, stuffed into this little car, working on replacing the brake light switch. Mind you, he was close to 300 pounds...well...his innards had enough of his breakfast...and thanks to being jammed into this little car he couldn't get out fast enough to let the vomit fly...he puked up his breakfast and "reate" it....he was all sorts of green going home from work that day...didn't make it to work the next day...and never tried getting revenge on me again...Good times

I hear ya - but I have to say - it always blows me away when I meet people who don't like cheese... stop for a second and think of all the awesome things you wouldn't want to eat... what's the first thing that comes to mind... yea, pizza... HOLY CRAP!

Y a can't trust people that DON'T eat cheese or drink COFFEE!!!!!! LOL

-
Back