Favorite Movies With Mopars In Them

-
Christine and the ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds...not the ones with the rice junk in them.

Christine and the ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds...not the ones with the rice junk in them.

Oh yes, Gone in 60 seconds is awesome. To bad that he didn't get to finish the second one (He got killed while making it).

There's also the fast and felonious with that chevy powered charger. American graffiti,The Blues Brothers, I agree on Hollywood Knights . We really need more car movies. I also remember the wraith, cool flic , Had Charlie Sheen I think.

Well I was sitting is typical (NJ) route 80 traffic (a commute that should only take 25 mins take 45 on a good day lol) this morning and got to thinking about some of my all time favorite movies that dealt with action and race seens of older muscle cars. So I was wondering what some of you guys feel are good muscle car movies?

I will start this off. My current favorite ( and has been for a while) is Highwaymen. The Barracuda in it is just plain mean!!!!!!
barracuda.jpg
Ive gotta see that movie now!

I always talk about "The Wraith" to people and they don't have a clue as to what Im talking about, glad someone else remembers it...lol. Cool movie!!:glasses7: Thats a good pic ....most I have seen were just of movie clips and not very clear, I never knew the rear was so long, most of the shots were of it coming at you if I remember correctly.

If I recall, there was a first gen barracuda in that movie also. Might have been second gen, but its been like 25 years since I saw that movie.

Man, its hard to tell in this pic, but that doesn't look like a chally bumper on the back of that thing.

vanishing_point_1971_500x333_643966.jpg

Also, where's the side reflector marking light deal?

Thats because they used a 67 Camaro for the last shot

The list of famous MOPAR actors ( cars ) are pretty long for me...From dirty mary and crazy larry to two lane black top. I know 2 lane is about a 55 chevy but in the beginning the show Big Willie Robbinsons Hemi daytona street race car! My favorite is vanishing point.

Ive gotta see that movie now!

I watched Highwaymen last night. The Barracuda is rowdy, and the movie was F*&ked up and damn good.

I appreciate that the movie recognized it as a real 1968 SS Hemi Barracuda too, regardless of the impossibility of owning one EVER. Movie magic, right?!

Bigfish. Tim Burton film anyone? Its a great movie thats dives into the world of a son seeking to seperate the myths from reality of his fathers life. Amazing movie. The father when he was young had a charger

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 220
If I recall, there was a first gen barracuda in that movie also. Might have been second gen, but its been like 25 years since I saw that movie.

I know this thread is two and a half years old, but I can answer this. It was a 1st gen, a 66. It was driven by the characters Skank and Gutterboy. Sorry, but I've seen this movie so many times I can almost quote it from memory. I have always wanted one of the Chrysler M4S concept cars that they used as the Wraith car. Supposedly, somebody found one of the cars the movie people built off the actual concept car and is supposed to start selling kits from it. That was many years ago, though, so I don't think anything came of it.

How about natural born killers, Red challenger convertible with Woody Harrelson, Juliette Lewis.

Snake & Mongoose...seen it last night for the 1st time and absolutely loved it :prayer:

Attachments

• snake-and-mongoose04.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 123
  • snake-and-mongoose-movie-funny-cars.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 114
  • snake-and-mongoose.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 120
Not my favorite movie, but just watched blood ties and it was full of mopars

-
Back