Federal Pump

-

Casaroonc

Reaction score
The last owner of my 75 Dart SE changed the pump to a federal Pump from a Chrysler pump but not the hose. It leaks. anyone know what the correct fitting for this pump is, as this pump did not come on this year car, & therefor a parts store is no help.

Thanks

Edelmann 70353 or Gates 364360 (without A/C)
Edelmann 80127 or Gates 355850 (with A/C)

The with/without A/C may not apply to your car, depending on which brackets the previous owner used for the Federal pump. So be prepared for it to be the "other" one.

If your steering box has male threads to accept the pressure hose fitting, none of the above hoses will fit until you remove the male-threaded fitting (which you will see, when you do so, is a male invert-flare to male O-ring adaptor). Once the adaptor's out, the hose end will fit in its place.

Dan You are a wealth of information.

The thing is this line in the car now fits both sides. But on the pump side the nut bottoms out & the hose can still move around. I tried a new O-ring but that didn't do it. In the images of the hoses you suggested I see some yellow thing is that a spacer? & is it possible that I'm just missing the right kind of O-ring?

Or, another possibility, the flare may not be correct on the pump end of your hose. The "tail" extending beyond the O-ring flare may be too long, causing the fitting to bottom out in the tube seat before it pinches the O-ring. If that's the case, you can carefully shorten the "tail".

-
Back