Fifteen bucks A TIRE????

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Call me a glutton for punishment. Just bought 4 17" Stang Bullitt wheels but these are offset "in" a bit more than the two (black) that I have. These are grey

So I was heading for Discount Tire to get two of the (nearly bald) tires dismounted, to trial fit the fronts

I'd already broken the beads on one, but my old tire machine won't handle them

So I see brand X, which was closer, and "swung in." Asked this kid and he wanted effing FIFTEEN BUCKS A WHEEL just to remove the tires, one of which is already broke down!!!!

I told him "I'll go fix my tire machine."

Went into Discount, he says "oh, bout 4 bucks a tire."

Removed both, said "have a nice day." Not one red cent!!!

Local chain store near me wanted $24.95 plus tax and disposal fee PER TIRE.

I literally couldn't help from chuckling while trying to say "no thanks" and walking away.

$2 a tire disposal fee around here. $4 for dismount. $13 for mount and balance.

$0 for me, because my friend is awesome.

By the way, I kept the tires. That may be a mistake, but I figured I could get a few more "summer miles" out of 'em on the rear.

Besides, LOL, if this thing every makes enough HP to do "burnouts" ......................

The access tire in town has been awesome for me. They mounted and balanced my tires for free. they have also resealed the bead after they went flat like 6 times for free. good guys.

Went to Tire Kingdom and asked how much to balance and rotate tires. He quoted me a price of $22 .50. When I replied, "that's a good deal", he quickly corrected me by saying that was per wheel. WOW! And that did not even include Vaseline. Next door at Wally World, it was $8.50 a wheel. $100 vs. $34. I will never go into that shop again in my life.

-
Back