Finally!! (pics)

-
as long as you have the correct rad for the water pump. your 360 has the aluminum wp that dumps on the pass side and a cast in timing marker on the drivers side. if you had it on the 273, then what you have should work. the original setup for your car would have a cast iron pump dumping on the driver side and the bolt on timing tab on the pass side.

that rad looks like it will work.

Aren't there two different water pumps?

One is considered late model while the other is early model. The one that is on the 360 in the picture does not have any timing marks whatsoever. So which pump do you think I have?

early timing covers have a BOLT ON timing tab onto the pass side. the later covers have it cast into it on the drivers side. if you have no timing marks, you have an early timing cover with a late (70 and up) water pump. an early water pump is cast iron and dumps out on the drivers side.

early timing covers have a BOLT ON timing tab onto the pass side. the later covers have it cast into it on the drivers side. if you have no timing marks, you have an early timing cover with a late (70 and up) water pump. an early water pump is cast iron and dumps out on the drivers side.

I don't know what the heck I was talking about. The timing marks are on the timing cover not the water pump...I think I might need to slow down and get my brain sorted out... LOL

Thanks for clearing that up for me. That's what I had figured.

Very nice work..and the engine is great too.....:read2:

Thank you.

I have finished the heater blower motor, mounted voltage regulator, and line lock but that's it for right now. The wiper motor will be next. I've got to gather a few things in order to go further.

Dude, looking GREAT!!!!!!

Thanks for motivating the rest of us slackers, and I hope you are feeding those umpa-lumpa's that are helping you. he, he.

Looks like you are are the downhill slope with this project now, and I'm enjoying the progress reports.

Hopefully I will have some of my own soon.

Definitley looks great. 3core rad plus shroud is the ticket.

Now you get to spend a couple of days wet sanding and buffing for the final touch.
I am so glad that my son did mine.....he works for pizza!

That looks fantastic! Keep the pics coming.
Especially when you do the wiring.

Dude, looking GREAT!!!!!!

Thanks for motivating the rest of us slackers, and I hope you are feeding those umpa-lumpa's that are helping you. he, he.

Looks like you are are the downhill slope with this project now, and I'm enjoying the progress reports.

Hopefully I will have some of my own soon.

Thanks spaz.

They get a nice helping of chocolate and then a swift kick in the ***! You should see how far they come off of the floor!

I will eventually have to deal with the dash. As you can tell it's about the last thing because I hate that part. I don't know what I really want as a dash...refurbished stock or make my own. I was going to get one of the Rocky Mount dashes but they closed down. I liked those dashes. :(

Definitley looks great. 3core rad plus shroud is the ticket.

Now you get to spend a couple of days wet sanding and buffing for the final touch.
I am so glad that my son did mine.....he works for pizza!

I was going to hit on that subject sooner or later so maybe this a good time.

These questions are for everyone so feel free to jump in.

How long should the paint cure before sanding?

What grit to start with and what to end with? (I was thinking 1000,1500,2000)

I'm totally in the dark about the electric buffer so any help in that area will be super nice. I don't guess I have use a electric buffer since I don't have a lot of surface area to do.

Anyone?

Great job mullinax. Hope to see it on the road soon.

Thanks pushrod I hope to make to the shows in your area one day. Looking forward to it. I have to stop myself all of the time because I tend to want to take short cuts trying to get done. Knowing later I will say "Dang it ..why didn't I take the extra time and do the right way!"

what green is that?

it looks f'n nice!

Sorry I didn't see your question sooner!

Actually I have no clue what it is technically. I tried to ask the previous owner what color that is but he said that he didn't know. He just told them he wanted Sublime.

Now the painter I use for the major stuff matched the paint for me. He has a paint shop and mixes paint. He had to work at it to match it completely. He said that his paint supplier matched it with one of those cameras. Then he had to add a little bit of this and that to make it perfect. It was a PITA!

Thanks everyone.

I was out in the garage just taking all in. Fresh paint sure does smell good.
LOL!

I used base/clearcoat.

LOL too, your high and happy as hell.....Engine bay looks fantastic! Now you have to worry alot more working in there:)

Sorry I didn't see your question sooner!

Actually I have no clue what it is technically. I tried to ask the previous owner what color that is but he said that he didn't know. He just told them he wanted Sublime.

Now the painter I use for the major stuff matched the paint for me. He has a paint shop and mixes paint. He had to work at it to match it completely. He said that his paint supplier matched it with one of those cameras. Then he had to add a little bit of this and that to make it perfect. It was a PITA!

it may have been a pain, but that color is definitely worth it!

-
Back