Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
I put my old rad and fan in today and cut my hood for my scoop!Fresh rammed air!:cheers:LOL
car pics 66 Dart 186.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 185.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 186.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 185.jpg

Well after 6 long months of hard work turning this car into a street/strip car(mostly strip)I took it for a ride to the gas station and a big cruise around the block.Wow what a beast with the 4500 Coan stall and the 408(410)she sure wants to go:snakeman:!I guess lastyear I must,ve had a power surge,cause it blew almost all my bulbs including my headlights.All is good now,just a couple small things left to do and it,s off to the track for some time slips!8)

Sounds like she's everything you thought she would be,but you will see when you get to the track.Take a buddy to run the video.We all want to see this thing fly!8)

Old fan and radiator? What happened with the other setup you picked up? (Maybe in a prior post and I missed it.)

Anyway, congrats on that first cruise Scott! I know you must be really excited to see what it'll do. I vote for the in-car camera so we can all ride shotgun with ya. :-D

Old fan and radiator? What happened with the other setup you picked up? (Maybe in a prior post and I missed it.)

Anyway, congrats on that first cruise Scott! I know you must be really excited to see what it'll do. I vote for the in-car camera so we can all ride shotgun with ya. :-D
Yeah Leanna,the Audi twin fan setup want a whopping 60 amps per fan,too much for the 80 amp alt.,so back to my recored dual rad and fan.Grrr!The song..When lightning strikes..comes to mind!?LOL

Today I took the car to the engine builders shop,just to make sure everything was eh o.k LOL(alls good)no need for brealin with the solid roller cam=P~.The guys were impressed(some chevy guys).I,m taking it over tomorrow for some frontend alignment(which I had done lastyear)I,ve had to raise the ride height due to tiny tires to clear the fenderwell hedders,I also changed to the V8 centerlink and changed some tierod ends(new)that were given to me.I wanna make sure she goes in a straight line down the track.I was to busy watching what they were doing to get video.Soon will be at the track!:cheers::clock:
car pics 66 Dart 189.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 191.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 189.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 191.jpg

Well I took the car for frontend alignment,all was good on a test drive to see if running true.All of a sudden..boom..no gears?So I checked for fluid pumping?NOT!So I,ve pulled the tranny and it,s at the builders for a lookiesee.They will fix and it will go back in.A minor setback for the price of building a hotrod(race car)I guess.I,m sure something else will happen in my journey to hit 10 sec.I,ll be racing soon enough!

Well I took the car for frontend alignment,all was good on a test drive to see if running true.All of a sudden..boom..no gears?So I checked for fluid pumping?NOT!So I,ve pulled the tranny and it,s at the builders for a lookiesee.They will fix and it will go back in.A minor setback for the price of building a hotrod(race car)I guess.I,m sure something else will happen in my journey to hit 10 sec.I,ll be racing soon enough!
Good to hear you are getting it fixed. I was at Harry's this afternoon almost expected to see you there. Looking forward to this weekend ,two events, I'm lovin it, hope the weather holds.

Sounds like your taking it well! Must have patience to build a hot rod,lol!

Well I picked up my tranny today,they replaced the pump and added 9 blue clutches.No charge for the pump and was $81 to cover the 9 clutches($9 a piece)He didn,t even charge any labour $$$??.Harry Manovich of Milton transmission is one heck of a nice guy and I,d recommend him to anybody for their fun car or family car transmission needs.Soooo,time to go install the tranny again,calling for rain this eve so atleast it won,t be too hot in the garage.So where did I put that occilating fan?LOL:clock:

Well I picked up my tranny today,they replaced the pump and added 9 blue clutches.No charge for the pump and was $81 to cover the 9 clutches($9 a piece)He didn,t even charge any labour $$$??.Harry Manovich of Milton transmission is one heck of a nice guy and I,d recommend him to anybody for their fun car or family car transmission needs.Soooo,time to go install the tranny again,calling for rain this eve so atleast it won,t be too hot in the garage.So where did I put that occilating fan?LOL:clock:

Thats great service!

It's too bad there's no good mechanics period in this town,never mind transmission guru's. Just your typical small town thieves...

Well I have the tranny back in,tomorrow I,ll get the 2 top b.housing bolts and top it up with fluid and take it for a test drive.Between the sunburn and my sore back,I,m aching,hurting unit.Dang I,m getting older!LOL.Maybe some T&T this weekend?

Well I went to the track friday evening for some T&T,I just got the car unloaded and was just bolting up my seat harness.The tech passed me to go,which I was happy about.Now everytime I go he,ll just ask..Any changes?if not he,ll shoe me through the lineup!:cheers:I went to wash some mud of my helmet(from ATVing)when I came out of the washroom it had started to rain.(Dangnabit)The nights events were cancelled.I had to leave a 80ft burnout in the parking lot :burnout: before loading up for home.Atleast I got a raincheck for next weekends Nostalgia,s T&T.Couple pics...
car pics 66 Dart 204.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 203.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 205.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6q7JuCwkjw"]YouTube- my 66 Dart at Cayuga (rained out)[/ame]

car pics 66 Dart 204.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 203.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 205.jpg

Damn,when I saw that vid I thought we were going to see the parking lot burnout. Well I will wait in the stands until next weekend to see her run.I will send a note to the weather Gods for ya Scott.:burnout:

Damn,when I saw that vid I thought we were going to see the parking lot burnout. Well I will wait in the stands until next weekend to see her run.I will send a note to the weather Gods for ya Scott.:burnout:
The Big man knows I need it Dreno,just a couple setbacks but will eventually get out.It,s the start of the season and starting in July,I,ll be able to get out for T&T on Wednesday nights($20)and be ready for the weekends racing.:cheers:

Was the front pump broken? "the driving lugs?" you paid way too much for the clutches. Why the clutches anyhow? The trans did not have any miles on it right? You should check with A and A trans, he will ship you all the best "stuff" for less $$ next time. Plus all you need are the raybesto clutches, they work very well!
Good Luck @ the track...if it hooks you will be in the low 11's to high 10's!
Sounds very nice!

Was the front pump broken? "the driving lugs?" you paid way too much for the clutches. Why the clutches anyhow? The trans did not have any miles on it right? You should check with A and A trans, he will ship you all the best "stuff" for less $$ next time. Plus all you need are the raybesto clutches, they work very well!
Good Luck @ the track...if it hooks you will be in the low 11's to high 10's!
Sounds very nice!
Thanks Rob,I am by know means a transmission rebuilder and don,t think $81 to replace the pump and add the blue clutches was out of line.Prices for parts are also different here in Canada,I might have paid less with A and A but after shipping and border fees I think I,ve done ok.Thanks.

Your right pettyblue. By the time we get done paying the shipping,exchange on the dollar and tarrifs,border fees/taxes we save very little. Even if you spend a week across the line and bring stuff back more or less duty free,you still spent just staying across the line. This is fine if you planned on it anyways,but I wont do it just so I can bring stuff back,unless it's a BIG purchase.

-
Back