Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Now see that wasn't hard! Car is looking sweet, I do like the stance too. Well done.
What do you mean,wasn,t hard?Do you think this was a soft job??LOL!Next in line?Tony!Yes you!Come on,catch up!We,re waiting!Just kidding Tony,I love accomplishing any job when time and money are available.Thanks,it,s been a busy build!In 6 months,I,ve almost completed the vision of a 66 Dart V8 ownership!We,ll see where I take it from here on.

LOL!! Oh ya, just as simple as 1.2.3!LOL! You did a beautiful job. Your car is really looking good Scott, looking forward to some more detailed exhaust shots when done. I am really thinking of getting those spitfires if I have room for duels.

LOL!! Oh ya, just as simple as 1.2.3!LOL! You did a beautiful job. Your car is really looking good Scott, looking forward to some more detailed exhaust shots when done. I am really thinking of getting those spitfires if I have room for duels.
Hey Tony!I notched out the tranny crossmember for dual,also part of the crossmember sub-frame!Good luck with yours!Spitfires were the cheaper route!

Scott, Your car looks very cool. I just changed my oil and took the '65 out for a blast trying not to pull any hard shifts =P~. It is running perfect, so perfect I am still tempted to leave my stock intake on for now after shelling out $$ for the D4B. What cam are you running in the 360? This solid .468 lift (still mild) I have seems to work great for my car right now , but I need to adjust the valves soon. We will see when I finally stop procrastinating and get some gear right! This rebuilt tranny still has a really low 1st gear though.
Where are you getting your exhaust done?

Hey 65Vart,I,ve been ripping around town in the Dart Sport,trying out my new Pistol grip and slamming some gears!I,m getting my exhaust done at a place called JPG exhaust.It,s off Speers rd. kinda off Woody rd.It,s tucked in by Standard Auto Glass.Should be done tomorrow,still have to make my throttle,kickdown cable bracket!

I got the 66 back from exhaust shop and it looks alright!Pics. are dark,so I,ll get some more tomorrow when I get under the car!Here,s a couple.. P.S these are 2 1/2 inch with flowmaster 40,s and tailpipies attached to Spitfires!The price was right.I,ll be taking it back for them to put some kind of paint on it and check for leaks(I have to rewire electrical)cause I just hooked it up to here it run and ran outta time.Later!Oh I forgot to mention the cutouts,for easy opening at the track!

re and re of 66 Dart 004.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 005.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 001.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 002.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 007.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 006.jpg

That looks fantastic Scott! They did really good work didn't they? I bet that nade the ol' 360 wake up huh?

That looks fantastic Scott! They did really good work didn't they? I bet that nade the ol' 360 wake up huh?
I,d like to get it all finished up(brackets,wiring,cable hold downs,ehaust protector boots)I don,t want a meltdown,Man everything is tight in there!

Man you got that whole swap done quick! good job Scott! now all we need is a good video of that thing uncorked doin' a big smokey burner.

Thanks camd64,I was lucky to get the motor/tranny combo quick.I also had a bunch of stuff sitting around from my other car.Waiting for mounts,headers and then the coupler held me back.Alls good!Vids. soon!

The car looks great. My first time looking through your build. Good job in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to have time and money for my car some day :)

Looking GREAT!! Now that you are in the home stretch when are you planning that trip to Cleveland to do your magic on my 66? lol Looking forward to vid when you get it up. Again, well done!!!!

hey scott, try going to youtube and uploading it there...then once its uploaded, just copy and paste the url here for us so we can all watch it! id love to see some video action man so get on it!=P~

:clock:
Matthew,I tried to copy/paste,don,t know how to move it?It,s on you-tube under 66 Dart!I sent you a PM to see if you can do it?Let me know how?Thanks.Scott

Thanks Mshred,I was videoing and my friend was working the throttle.If it was me at the throttle,I would have opened the 4 bbl.LOL!Speaking of which,I had to modify my throttle and kickdown today(4 speed,thermoquad)that was fun,here,s some pics..

Thank god I have a mig welder,mocked it up then welded together!She works!

re and re of 66 Dart 001.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 002.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 003.jpg

That sounds great Scott! That isn;t a stock 360 is it? Man I love the sound of those 40s with his headers, very sweet. They make a bad a$$ combination bud! Awesome!

That sounds great Scott! That isn;t a stock 360 is it? Man I love the sound of those 40s with his headers, very sweet. They make a bad a$$ combination bud! Awesome!
My 360 when I bought it,was just re-built with .030 over pistons,.010 over crank,hyd.crane cam 284H?Also came with a complete rebuilt 904 tranny,all for $800.So I put a trans-go 2 shift kit in it and a new 2500 stall t.convertor.Hope it all works out!Burnout vids. to come!I still have to put my 3.91 s.g back in.I took out the 4.57,s(sold to 340Dart)and put in a 2.76 one-legger just to roll around!It,ll probably do a 1/2 mile one wheel burnout!LOL!I,ll be swapping the centers next week!

Looks and sounds great Scotty.I like the sound of that cam, just a little lope. Looking forward to those burnout videos! LOL
toolman

Looks and sounds great Scotty.I like the sound of that cam, just a little lope. Looking forward to those burnout videos! LOL
toolman
Thanks Toolmanmike,you do realize the pic. of that white 66 Dart YOU posted 6 months ago,started all this?LOL!It,s been 4 hard working months to do the way I wanted it,and now it,s DONE!!Except paint,and that can wait.It looks oldschool!

-
Back