Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Sounds good Scott. Can't wait to here what she runs. Are you gonna have somebody video your run?
Yes eventually Tracy,first runs will NOT be videoed LOL.I still need to get the feel for the power,torque,which is loads.I have abit of experience,but not in this car with this amount of HP,so it,s all new to me.

Well still no racing!The UPS guy came by last wednesday to drop my front Weld rims off(was at work)so when I got home,I called them and prepaid the fee to drop off thursday while I was at work.No rims thursdayO.K?Friday I waited all day for rims to no avail,I,ve switched to 3 inch studs up front.Well now its monday and my rims came and are at the shop to have the tires mounted.I will now definetely be going racing Friday night aslong as it doesn,t rain.I was so mad friday,I had to lay down and just have a nap.LOL.I,ve done alot of work in a short time and also spent $$$.It,s now time to reap the rewards and enjoy!Did I mention I need an adrenalin RUSH bad!!LOL:clock:

hang in there petty. its amazing how far along the dart has come in a short time. i hope you make it to the track with no rain.

Thanks BaDart and Slantscamp,the work will payoff once I make just one pass.A whole bunch of passes with no breakage will make my summer!LOL:-D

That rad you put in from the Audi is a sweet fit. If the fans are drawing to much power, why not try that rad (fit looks perfect) with an after- market electric fan for the beast. I had a 73 scamp (360 v8) that ran an electric fan, so I had put in an alternator from a dodge truck that was heavy duty rated (360 engine and 3/4 ton) and also had air conditioning to compensate for the current draw. It put out more amps and I never had a problem with it. Also helped with my after-market stereo system. I also had an old jeep I did the same thing to to run all my lights, winch and other accessories with success. Find out what the amps of the Audi alternator and try to match it close, maybe they have a system to boost the current to the fans when they are on...How's the blue beast at the track...next time you go to the track let me know, I'd like to see the beast run...

I went to the track tonight,unloaded off the trailer and my first pass with the new setup yeilded me a [email protected] have no traction off the line with the MT 275/50/15,s and the 8 inch Coan 4500 stall.I,m gonna adjust my QA-1 adjustable shocks for some weight transfer.I,m going back tomorrow,it,s opening weekend for OSCA(Ontario Street Car Association)Mega cars,girls and lots of racing!:cheers:Will post more pics and a good video of my car putting down some rubber!!
car pics 66 Dart 207.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 207.jpg

Sounds pretty quick to me for the first time out. Oh yeah, we need pics of these girls that you speak of.:toothy10:

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO good thing I didnt stay up last night or it would have late. Nice run Scott get the bugs worked out and I think you will have your 10's car.

That thing is flying off the trailer. Good luck today and we can't wait for the videos. Mike

Man that's screamin Scott!! You should be able to get it in the 10's by the sound of it. What cam do you have in it? I know you said earlier but after over 500 posts I don't feel like trying to locate it, lOL

Nice time Scott! I bet that' exceeded your expectations for the first time out.Looks like 10's are not far off.Cars,women,and racing,must have been a dull evening.:grin:

11:34 off the trailer!, good for you Scott. Your low 10s are in that car for sure! Let me know when you need some official video documentation.

11:34 off the trailer!, good for you Scott. Your low 10s are in that car for sure! Let me know when you need some official video documentation.
Well 65Vart,I,ll tell ya I could,ve used you lastnight and today also.All the vids that I had people take are bits and pieces,part of a burnout,leaving after launch for 2 sec,s?If it wasn,t for people breaking down infront of me or the person being inpatient?Like I said,no full video of me doing a burnout,launch and a complete pass.I don,t know why people have such a hard time clicking a button,shooting the whole video,then clicking stop?My best run today was 11.32@120mph 60ft. was 1.65.I still have alot of stuff to check for adjustment.All in all was a good night/day/weekend event and I,m woopped.Will try and get some pieces of vids up after I load.

P.S Tracy(68Fish)My cam is a solid roller with .631 lift 252@258 .050

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9SER_g-C58"]YouTube- My 66 Dart[/ame]

Scott i feel like such a slacker whenever I read this thread, the transformation you have made with the car in 2 years is amazing. I have had my car since 97 and it finally got floors last summer, at least the original 273/ 4 speed are already done.

Scott i feel like such a slacker whenever I read this thread, the transformation you have made with the car in 2 years is amazing. I have had my car since 97 and it finally got floors last summer, at least the original 273/ 4 speed are already done.
Hey Bogie thanks.I got this car Dec22/08,so it,s been 18 months since I,ve changed it.It was all in the vision I had when I first seen a pic of the car.It,s almost like a dream come true.If you put your mind to it,it can become a reality.I,m proof it can be done.Keep at yours!

I know it can be done it's just a long time coming due to wanting to do it correct which meant waiting for some parts, also in my defense in 11/99 I had a pretty bad accident that put me out of the building/restoring game for a number of years.

I know it can be done it's just a long time coming due to wanting to do it correct which meant waiting for some parts, also in my defense in 11/99 I had a pretty bad accident that put me out of the building/restoring game for a number of years.
Sorry Bogie if I came off wrong.I was fortunate enough to get my car done quickly,having a big garage and tools to do the job.I was newly single and the car helped me pass the time,working on it after my day job.Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you,ve healed enough to move forward on your car.:-D

I can sympathize! MS gets in the way of everything,lol...

I wish you best of luck with your build. I know about collecting parts too. It seems that you have to have a supply of cash ready for the right deal. I spent way too much last year.

It's a shame Im on the west coast. Us gimps could help each other! I for one would love to get away for an evening here and there to bs and work on a car!

Scott I just watched the 2 videos and I must say you HAVE to be frustrated afer that chebbie wrecked..

It usually is chevies spewing thir guts everywhere,lol..

Scott I just watched the 2 videos and I must say you HAVE to be frustrated afer that chebbie wrecked..

It usually is chevies spewing thir guts everywhere,lol..
The Chevy didn,t wreck needsaresto,he ran 6 seconds and on his way tookout the 660ft cones.He was all over the place and still ran 6 sec. was lucky not to wreck.:bootysha:

-
Back