Firearms Refresher Course

-

adriver

Blazing Apostle
Reaction score
:wink: "a bar fight" :stop:
I recieved the following today from work friend in Seattle.
I haven't seen this before, figured some were pretty good and maybe others might want to read them. ("Words of wisdom" in original message)

Words of wisdom, "don't drink in bars that have bar flies"...

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man's a citizen. An unarmed man's a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point & click interface.
4. Gun control's not about guns--it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words!
7. Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The US Constitution (c)1791. All Rights reserved.
11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
12. The 2nd Amendment's there in case politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have 2 enemies: rust & politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911 - gov't sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault's a behavior not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control...it makes their job safer.
20. If guns cause crime, matches cause arson.
21. Only a gov't that's afraid of it's citizens tries to control them.
22. You only have the rights you're willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have, don't make more.
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

IF YOU AGREE: PLEASE PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' TO OTHER FREE CITIZENS
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/08/scotus.gun.rights/index.html

Feb, 8 2008
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A majority of Congress on Friday urged the Supreme Court to side with gun owners in an upcoming case testing whether an individual has a guaranteed right to bear arms.

Lawmakers want the Supreme Court to end a Washington, D.C., ordinance that prevents legal handgun ownership.

The bipartisan group of senators and representatives signed on to a legal brief supporting a challenge by District of Columbia residents to own a handgun for protection in their home.

The justices hold oral arguments March 18, and could provide a landmark ruling on a legal question that has largely gone answered since the Second Amendment was ratified in 1791.

In their "amicus" brief, 55 senators and 250 representatives urged the high court to strike down the district's ordinance that prevents citizens from legally owning a handgun.

"We're talking about law-abiding folks -- like you and me -- who cannot exercise their rights simply because of the city they live in," said Sen. Jon Tester, D-Montana. "Our founders didn't intend for the laws to be applied to some folks and not to others. They didn't mean for the laws to apply at some times and not others."

Tester made his remarks in a conservative think-tank speech, along with a co-sponsor, Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas

Funny how little attention the media gave to this subject.

Does it work? You tell me.

Charleston, WV, capital of WV and metro population 250,000. The state constitution was amended in 1986 to allow law abiding citizens to carry a legal firearm of their choosing anywhere they want to go as long as it is in plain sight and not concealed in any way. If you want a concealed carry permit pay the county Sheriff $75 to cover the cost of the NCIC check, have a diploma from a firearms safety course, and wait a week. The Legislature felt the need to do something about spiraling crime.
Street and property crime is almost non-existent and we had 4 murders last year. This was up from 3 the year before and was the result of a shootout in a crack house due to jealousy over a woman (body count was 2).

Keep 'em clean and shiny, you never know when you'll need it.

I've had my WV concealed permit since '95 and am a firm believer that Right to Carry laws help prevent crime. Gun control is using both hands.

Does it work? You tell me.

Charleston, WV, capital of WV and metro population 250,000. The state constitution was amended in 1986 to allow law abiding citizens to carry a legal firearm of their choosing anywhere they want to go as long as it is in plain sight and not concealed in any way. If you want a concealed carry permit pay the county Sheriff $75 to cover the cost of the NCIC check, have a diploma from a firearms safety course, and wait a week. The Legislature felt the need to do something about spiraling crime.
Street and property crime is almost non-existent and we had 4 murders last year. This was up from 3 the year before and was the result of a shootout in a crack house due to jealousy over a woman (body count was 2).

Keep 'em clean and shiny, you never know when you'll need it.

Even better. Compare Alexandria Virginia and Washington D.C. They are only separated by the Potomac. The last time I checked D.C. had 65 times as much gun violence.

You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive. :thumbrig:

I am glad a lady in a mall, some where I herd on the news was packing.
some crack head opened fire and killed 3 or 4 with a fully auto rifle and she took him down and saved allot of lives with on 40 cal. to the head.:cheers:
The crazy man still had 35 rounds left in his gun when he hit the ground.

Wish law abiding citizens could pack here.But then too many liberal antis that want to blame the gun and not the crackhead gangsters doing the crime.Its not politically correct to use factual statistics to show whos doing most of the crime.

Thomas Jefferson was a very smart individual. Our country would not be the same without him and his contributions. It's still important today to heed his wise words.

I still dig the classic analogy: "Guns cause crime like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat".

Gun control is putting lead on the intended point of impact.

-
Back