First 1967 383 installed in a Barracuda

-
I have to dig it up, it was in a registry I ran years ago.
Why do you want me to post it?
I was just pointing out that things happened at the factory that are not documented or well known.

To clarify, your car was scheduled for 3/1 and shipped 3/10, not delivered 3/10.

1967 Barracuda was a first year a-body, unavailable until late in the model year, and first year for a big block.

Imo, one could order whatever was on the menu, but on a first run of a new car, you're not getting the big block until they get some product out the door.

Iirc, manufacturers historically have delayed options, convertibles, etc.

All the current evidence shows all known 67 383 cars were scheduled to begin production on 3/1.

Find someone who works at Chrysler Historical and ask them to look at all the IBM cards, find all the Barracudas, and all the H code cars.

It would be interesting to see the casting date on your engine as well as the engine pad assembly date stamp.
Correct on the shipped date, that's what I meant to say. Brain fart, my bad.
Thanks for the update
But the car came with wheel lip mouldings, not sure if that would be indicated on the fender tag, but I have pics of the car when it was new with them on it.

sean hasn't been around since 2018, and I never saw the VIN or buildcard, car has no fender tag, but if the VIN and rad/trunk #s are correct/original to the car, this would be the only '67 383 car with a Shipping Order Number prior to 3/1/67, (2/27/67).
FYI: 2/27/67 was a Monday.

BUT (big but) nothing concrete, no pics of #s, and more importantly for any car the SO# is just a Scheduled Shipping date, not the actual Shipped Date, and neither is the actual production date.

So his car could have been scheduled, along with a whole stack of other 383 cars, for Monday the 27th, and they were all pushed to Wed. 3/1 because of this or that, or the other.

My car was scheduled for Wed. 5/31, it was actually shipped on Fri. 5/26, and the engine is stamped 5/23 of '67, so when was it 'built'?
It could have been sitting in the Hamtramck parking lot for a few days, which is possible, but then again it was ordered/sold out of Illinois, but then again again sometimes shipping next door takes longer than shipping across the country.

Since '67 cars have buildcards, I would stick to the actual Shipped Date.

1967-69 Barracuda Registry

Correct on the shipped date, that's what I meant to say. Brain fart, my bad.
Thanks for the update
But the car came with wheel lip mouldings, not sure if that would be indicated on the fender tag, but I have pics of the car when it was new with them on it.
I talked with Diane, Galen's associate, and she said she found one that was Feb. 28th '67 build date.
Galen will call this week to discuss some of my questions.
I'm just trying to gather as much provenance on my car as possible. It was a Canadian Export Specification car, so maybe the other was a U.S. shipped car and mine was the first Canadian export.
This would be nice to know.
I seen posts from you, from 2010. Do you have or did you have a registry at one time?

Just saw this thread today and lots of interesting info here. I own the car that has its fender tag shown in post #3 so any info about these cars is great to know.
View attachment 1716023269
Hi, I saw your car on Bring A Trailer last year. It said it was threefortydart as the buyer. I was trying to contact you, as I have almost the identical car. Yours has power brakes as an extra, but same build date and same Canadian Export Spec and customer ordered car.
If you get this post and want to reply, as I have been researching these cars for many years. Not a guru, but have enough info to help you out. My father was at Chrysler 40+ years.

So it was scheduled for 3/1 and shipped 3/10.

If indeed all 67 383 cars were scheduled to begin production on 3/1 the only way to determine what car was the first built would be to look at all the IBM cards, which Chrysler has, but they're not letting anyone sift through all of them.

On another note, the engine pad stamp tells when the engine was assembled, obviously, but could give some immediate info if 2 383 cars were parked next to each other and both had 301 on the fender tag.

Ordered car built to spec for Canada

I see 2 Accessory Group 36s, 360 Decor Group (G0 on tag) and 367 Formula S (F7 on tag).

Also, it appears there is 1 Accessory Group 35 of 358, buckets/console, body sill mouldings, as well as outside RH mirror and mag type wheel covers.
358 does not show up on fender tag, although I've seen a6 and b4, and sometimes just one, on the fender tag when 358 is selected.

Your car has the base hubcaps and no RH mirror.
I don't see the 529, iirc a 9 under the 1, for wheel lip moulding.
The 9 under the 1 would indicate wide sill mouldings. Mine has the J 4, indicating narrow sill mouldings. Not sure if the 0 under the G has anything to do with the wheel lip mouldings, but it has had them since day 1.
I appreciate all your help with this.

I haven't tore the car apart, looked under back seat/over glove box etc and have not found the brpadcast sheet. Is there anyone that reproduces a quality broadcast sheet? I understand there would have to be substantial proof of the car's identification, which I have, just haven't found the broadcast sheet yet.

Hi, I saw your car on Bring A Trailer last year. It said it was threefortydart as the buyer. I was trying to contact you, as I have almost the identical car. Yours has power brakes as an extra, but same build date and same Canadian Export Spec and customer ordered car.
If you get this post and want to reply, as I have been researching these cars for many years. Not a guru, but have enough info to help you out. My father was at Chrysler 40+ years.
Hi, I saw your message in BaT and tried to reply with my email address but it seems BaT filters out any replies with an email address in the comments, probably to keep sellers from making side deals on their cars .
I’ll send you a PM on here. Cheers.

-
Back