First outing in the Altered!!

-
id love to see more on this car!! sound bitchin and looks fantastic. and man is the rear end high!! are you gonna take it to the track and see how she does???

After its lettered, I plan on running it at the track. We found a small issue with the MSD ignition, causing a part-throttle misfire. It should be back up and running soon. In the meantime, uphostery work and exhaust pinhole leaks are on the menu of items to fix in the next few evenings!! I'm going to try and have it all wrapped and ready for the Fall Fling XIII in mid- Oct. with some dragstrip time already under its belt.

Dud,
That thing is wicked awesome!! I loved the video. thanks for sharing and good luck with it on the track!!

Matt B.

That thing sure looks funny! Oh wait someone already said that! LOL Awesome car. Mike

Now that we've had it out a few times, the verbal beatings have commenced on my choice of powerplants. You guys have thickened my skin, so I'm prepared, but what I was not prepared for last night at a local cruise was the guy dropping F-bombs about the engine in front of my young daughter, who rode passenger with me, loving the ride the whole time!! What a doggoned jerk this guy was. I finally shut him up by asking what he drove. . . To quote:
"Well, I"ve sold off all my Hemi Cudas, but I got a '66 VW now". Dude, shut up, you are making a fool of yourself. You are outta your league. Everyone else got the vibe of the car and dug it.
Some people never learn....

I"ve never tried to put down anothers car. I try to appreciate everything they have accomplished with it. Its just a car. Have fun with it. Thats what we all do.

Tom Clark is coming over this weekend to perform his lettering and pinstriping magic on the car. Looks like it'll be ready for a Mopar debut at the "Fling" if you guys'll let me bring it? I promise to keep the hood down, unless someone asks to see the void between the framerails.
Dale

Now that we've had it out a few times, the verbal beatings have commenced on my choice of powerplants. You guys have thickened my skin, so I'm prepared, but what I was not prepared for last night at a local cruise was the guy dropping F-bombs about the engine in front of my young daughter, who rode passenger with me, loving the ride the whole time!! What a doggoned jerk this guy was. I finally shut him up by asking what he drove. . . To quote:
"Well, I"ve sold off all my Hemi Cudas, but I got a '66 VW now". Dude, shut up, you are making a fool of yourself. You are outta your league. Everyone else got the vibe of the car and dug it.
Some people never learn....

I"ve never tried to put down anothers car. I try to appreciate everything they have accomplished with it. Its just a car. Have fun with it. Thats what we all do.

Tom Clark is coming over this weekend to perform his lettering and pinstriping magic on the car. Looks like it'll be ready for a Mopar debut at the "Fling" if you guys'll let me bring it? I promise to keep the hood down, unless someone asks to see the void between the framerails.
Dale

That foul-mouthed guy must`ve been a total idiot ,talking that trash in earshot of your young daughter. Some people are absolutely oblivious that we`re all living in their world too! Jeez! Many car shows I`ve frequented have the entire spectrum of the population represented. There`s a lot of chest beating, blow hards that I tolerate until the "Hemi car story" comes along. That`s when I excuse myself. On the flip side there are many decent people that appreciate the fabrication and mechanics involved in bringing these cars to fruition. The old guys that hot-rodded their cars with anything they could get their hands on, can appreciate the unique nature of your car and the work you`ve put into it.

....Looks like it'll be ready for a Mopar debut at the "Fling" if you guys'll let me bring it? I promise to keep the hood down, unless someone asks to see the void between the framerails.
Dale

Bring it. It's all good.

That's my official statement.

We don't charge spectator admission and it's a public park. So I can't guarentee nor ward-off complete jerks. We don't get too many of the typical cruise night wanna-be's at our show though.

Steve
CPW club president
www.cpwclub.com

Steve- thanks! That makes me feel good.

We'll be at Irwindale on the 11th, with the car. I'm going to try and see how it likes the bite of Irwindales starting,line, which early in the afternoon, has great bite! Plus, they may let us on the track early for some photo opportunities. If anyone comes out that evening, please stop by and say hello! I"d love to show you the car!

Dale

-
Back