First start-up

-

73hcode

Reaction score
Hey yall I need some information I need (want) to start my motor to break it in and my wire harness is still months off (a new one from Year one I got 30%off ) but my question is how to wire an electronic ignition car to crank it. I just might be trying to make it tough in my mind.

Consider doing yourself a big favor, if you can afford it, and build an emergency ignition. I've used this thing 4 or 5 times now to test fire used or junk engines or on my own car. All you need is most any factory coil, and a GM 4 pin HEI module

hwlcfa.jpg

attachment.php

Here's one victim, and !!NO!! I did NOT install manifolds to fire it up!!! LOL

34nf6l0.jpg

And "just the other day" a Jeep 5.9 magnum. Changed the distributor for an older magnetic breakerless, hooked up the box, and threw some gas down the intake

280i7py.jpg

there is an error in that diagram tho I have heard that it applies to some apps tho I have no what in the (mopar) world would use that. You do NOT want to run the yellow with tracer wire from starter relay to ballast. Only the ST terminal on the ign sw should run out to the "ign" terminal on the starter relay and it should NOT T & also go to the ballast. People who have inadvertently done that have had the starter partially engage at times when the system voltage got high enough!

-
Back