First time replacing heads and weird gasket issue.

-
Well the intake is now on. :)

For anyone interested the Weiand has dowel pins holes drilled. It also has the cross over open. :)

50AE5257-420F-458F-905F-38F172391409.jpeg

761916F4-43C1-4376-9CD4-43E474A6E09F.jpeg

Another thing I noticed is when I came to install the Rocker Shafts my book stayed that the Left Head has the notch at the front and the right has the notch at the rear, or visaversa. But which is the left head? Is it when looking at the engine from the drivers seat or the bumper?

Anyway, my notches are the opposite way around. :/

Left side is drivers side(sitting in seat). Dumbasses should lose the LH and RH, and call it DS or PS.
So the notches, ALWAYS to the left and pointed down.(think of hanging over the fender).

**EDIT, this is for a LH drive vehicle**

The intake definitely has holes. But they don't line up... At least they haven't on anything that I have.

Notches above the number 1 cylinder and the number 8... If that is better. Or facing forward on Driver and back on passenger on a left hand drive vehicle...

Edit: I like @4spdragtop method better. always to the left and down...

The notches have to be oriented properly. Ive driven hours before for stupid stuff.....sounds like your machinist would fit right in that category.

Left side is drivers side(sitting in seat). Dumbasses should lose the LH and RH, and call it DS or PS.
So the notches, ALWAYS to the left and pointed down.(think of hanging over the fender).

**EDIT, this is for a LH drive vehicle**

Thank you. Then my groves are in the correct location. What do these Grooves actually do and why do they have to be in this position?

The notches have to be oriented properly. Ive driven hours before for stupid stuff.....sounds like your machinist would fit right in that category.

I dont have a machinist, I just pulled the heads to replace a burned out valve and then did some DIY porting. Looking forward to seeing what the '73 340 is like now. Before it ran slightly better than my 318. :/

Thank you. Then my groves are in the correct location. What do these Grooves actually do and why do they have to be in this position?
The shafts have holes in them, through which the rockers are oiled
But the holes are drilled in an offset pattern
The grooves are simply there so that you can look at them and see if the holes are lined up right or not

Sorry Andy, I thought you had mentioned a machine shop put it together for you.
Like DIY said above the notches have to be oriented.
I dont have a machinist, I just pulled the heads to replace a burned out valve and then did some DIY porting. Looking forward to seeing what the '73 340 is like now. Before it ran slightly better than my 318. :/

-
Back