Fixing front frame damage

-

Powerslave

Somewhere in time
Reaction score
I have a 1967 Dart I just bought, the entire car is rust free bar none, however the front had a light fender bender at one point which knocked the passengers side frame rail out of wack and maybe the drivers side.

My plan is to cut the entire front end off and rebuild it with new components, has anyone done this before?

That's asking to bite off way more than is necessary, and would probably leave it worse off. Just take it to a frame shop. A few tugs and it's good as new!

MANY people have done this. you would AMAZED at what i have seen people do here. BUT , most of these guys are replacing rust. i dont see why you dont just toss it in a frame machine if its only a little out of wack. pics times 2

That's asking to bite off way more than is necessary, and would probably leave it worse off. Just take it to a frame shop. A few tugs and it's good as new!

What he said. Frame shop should be able to tug it back within factory specs.

Here are some pictures

3e7ece50.jpg

e779db47.jpg

50228295.jpg

216fba17.jpg

I have the exact piece of metal that was ripped out, some idiot took a tractor or something to pull the car and hooked it onto the frame rail causing the piece to rip out.

yea, that rail needs to be replaced!

if you look through my 70 fm3 duster build, you will see alot of pics when i did the front driver side frame rail in it. never did one before, and when do, the car still drove at least a mile straight-line!

-
Back