follow up to i have to!

-

GO DART

Reaction score
just got home from the drag strip where i made my first 4 passes and wow! hey tony you're right about the shaking at the tree thing. cut a 14.6/ a couple of 14.5s and a 14.3. my r/t and 60 ft times got better ea pass.mi now know that when i get my tach i'll be able to streach the gears better as i had to shift by ear or really by feel as i was always paired against some open header beast and couldn't hear my dart and its loud too. sadly i was the only mopar and there was lots of cars running. i never could get paired with those freeking muskrats as they only race their own kind i guess. i know with a tach i'll see high 13s i'll call it a sucess as the motor stayed cool, nothing broke, no unidentified fluids under the dart and it only cost 20 bucks plus gas. sweet!

Thats great ! Glad all went well and you enjoyed it. You know you will be hooked now ?? Dont worry as you will be cracking 13's in no time. A little practice and some fine tuning will pick it up for sure. Ron

Good numbers for the first time out. Glad you had fun.

Caution, this is a highly addictive sport, the need for speed will consume you and control you. This of course is a good thing.

moparracer said:
Good numbers for the first time out. Glad you had fun.

Caution, this is a highly addictive sport, the need for speed will consume you and control you. This of course is a good thing.
Good ya had fun.....Ill bring my 91 mustang out ill line up with ya I aint afraid ta get beat by a MOPAR lol.....

:iconbigg: Glad to hear you had a good time. You did good!!

This is no catch and release you will be consumed !!!!! :burnout: :burnout:

I'm going Sunday, tomorow to Island Dragway's Mopars @ the Patch.

GO DART said:
ya know after running mid 14s i can only imagine what running a mid 11 feels like

And after you run 11's you'll wonder what 10's....or 9's will feel like.

And so it goes.... I went for a quick bonzai blast in a certified 10 sec. car on the street once. Wow......:thumbup:

It is lots of fun. As long as nothing breaks, that is. I am headed there in about 2 hours with the "new"383. New as in a quick hone new rings and bearings. A little sloppy but, has to have more compression than the old 400. First pass better be at least 13.5 or I will be pi$$ed. I will know tonight !
106_0696.jpg

-
Back