[SOLD] FOR SALE: Chrysler Long Ram Dual Quad Intake Manifolds Mopar YUMMY!!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
not trying to step on toes here but what is the deal with the intake to head flange being cut? looks like it is cut right in the middle of where the intake bolt would be?

Its not cut, thats how they are, there should be a rectangle shaped block that fits in between them, like a filler....them you can buy new. MaSnarts pic has the spacers there, if the intakes were not cut out there, you couldn't get the 2 intake runners apart.

Like 66340SEDAN said, you can buy the parts from this guy:

The Long Ram Intake Cut-Outs:
These are new re-casted long ram intake manifold cut-outs for the 1960-1964 Chrysler, Dodge, and Plymouth's. These will fit either the long ram or the short ram manifolds. I had these made after patterning my original cut-outs from my long rams. They are professionally casted aluminum just like the originals pieces were. All that is needed to make them fit is to cut them with a bandsaw and fit between your current openings on your manifolds, because they were band sawed by hand in the factory and they were not all the same cut. The price is $64.95 and free shipping. I can be contacted at email: birddog_mopar@yahoo.com .

Attachments

• Picture112.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2,163
  • Picture111.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,042
ok, now i know. lol. these have to be the most bad *** looking intakes ever made. they would be kick *** on an rb engine with fender well headers. the engine would take up the entire bay.

Yes they would look bad a$$.

Here is a picture of a 413 with long rams in a 61 Chrysler 300, the way it came from the factory (maybe not the paint scheme, not sure). My engine bay is basiclally the same in my Newport and this is the color scheme I am planning to use.

Them Mopar engine boys had some serious fun in the 50's and 60's!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture141.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 2,103
Cross pipe is also available from the same guy as the manifold pieces...

$90 This is a newly remanufactured long ram intake cross-over tube. This will equalize the pressure between the intake manifolds. These are very hard to find and rarely come with the intakes. I have spent a lot of time developing these so that they are as close to factory as possible. I based it on the earlier style crossover tube that does not have the vacuum tube barb like the later cross-over tubes. It is correct from the bead rolled ends, to being 16 gauge metal, and to being crushed to the correct thickness. They will come in primered form and can be painted for an additional charge. Also, I may make a few out of stainless and polish them if anyone is interested. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I can also supply the rubber hose ends for the adapters for $30.00 for the pair. They are made to be factory duplicates. Also beware of hoses made out of radiator hose and not fuel/air hose that will disintegrate over time. Part Number 1947 402

Attachments

• Picture3332.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,985
  • Picture4442.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2,058
Are they the ones in the picture and are they still avaiable, what are you asking.
That my 65 Datr GT 440 Soni Ram want aset for s 32 roadster
Bob

Are they the ones in the picture and are they still avaiable, what are you asking.
That my 65 Datr GT 440 Soni Ram want aset for s 32 roadster
Bob

Still available.........$700, the ones I am selling are only pictured in the first post, the other intakes are the same but just a reference.

How Ma Mopar mounted the long rams in 1960...

Attachments

• Picture13333.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,052
Chrysler's engineers tuned these manifolds to resonate with the Wedge engines, then bent them laterally to fit under the hood of a production car. This produced impressive low-end torque in the heavy passenger cars of the day. The '60 DeSoto Adventurer could be ordered with Ram Induction, and it was standard equipment on the '60 and '61 Dodge D-500, '60 and '61 Plymouth Sonoramic option, '60 Chrysler 300-F and '61 300-G. It should be noted that almost all automobiles built today employ forms of this tuned-resonance induction.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture331.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,302
They need spacers to clear some heads. I have them on my 440. I changed to aluminum heads and don't need the spacers. The spacers also block off the heat riser in the original head. There for sale

Long ram roots...

Attachments

• Picture44441.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,791
  • Picture5551.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,829
Hey Keith,

I think these manifolds you have would make someone very nice Christmas present...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC07514.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2,030
I installed a set like that in 1965 on my 1964 Dodge Polara 426sw, 4sp. Very impressive looking when you popped the hood!!

Ram Theory - The Math for Long Rams

Let's look at some numbers to see how the 30" long ram tubes were developed. Our pressure wave travels at the speed of sound. A good estimate for the speed of sound is 1,125 feet per second.
For the F & G camshaft, the intake valve is open for 2680 Degrees of crank rotation.
The engine rotates twice (720 degrees) for the intake to open once.
720 degrees minus 268 degrees = 452 degrees of crank rotation that the intake is closed.
At 2,800 RPM, 452 degrees = .0268 seconds. (See below)

2800 rev/minute divided by 60 seconds/minute = 46.66 rev/second
46.66 rev/second X 360 degrees/rev = 16,800 degrees/second
452 degrees / 16,800 per second = .0268 seconds.

This .0268 seconds is the critical time factor. During this .0268 seconds that the intake valve is closed, the pressure wave is moving at 1,125 feet/second and travels 30.15 feet.
At resonant conditions, the pressure wave has to travel 30.15 feet to arrive at the intake valve when it is open. Since the pressure wave spends this time going up the runner AND going back down the runner, the runner length is actually only half of 30.15 feet, or 15.075 feet, which is equal to 181 inches.

Swell. Terrific. 181 inches. How does a 30" ram tube work if our equations say we need 181"?

The answer is: 6

Start the clock the first time the valve slams shut and the pressure wave is formed.
The wave bounces away from the valve and reaches the end of the 30" tube. Time now: .00223 seconds.
The wave bounces back down the 30" tube and hits the closed intake valve. Time now: .00446 seconds.
The wave bounces off the valve and repeats the trip every .00446 seconds.

At the critical time of .0268 seconds, our wave traveled the target distance of 181" up and down the tube. Although our pressure wave arrived at the intake valve five times to find it was still shut, on the 6th bounce our wave arrived to find the valve open.

The pressure wave entered the cylinder and we had ram induction!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC07516.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,924
Changing the cam changes the timing and might negate the effect or reduce it. That's why the change to the "short" for higher horsepower at a higher RPM.

As I remember, all of Keith's parts are shipped in protective materials made of "BACON". So bonus to buying the long rams is breakfast!!

NOT!!!

Ma Snart

As I remember, all of Keith's parts are shipped in protective materials made of "BACON". So bonus to buying the long rams is breakfast!!

NOT!!!

Ma Snart

LOL, they should sell quick!! Although, it will probably take 10 lbs of bacon to fully wrap these things :glasses7:

Very nice photo, Lance. It shows the heat tubes from the exhaust manifold to the intake. Those parts are almost impossible to find because they rusted to pieces from the heat and elements.

Ma Snart

BUMP!!!

Attachments

• Toronto.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 4,305
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back