For the first time in 35 years.....

-

redlined

Reaction score
........there's not a hot rod of some form in my garage. Dang, guess I'm getting old. It's no A body, but it's a Mopar, and I'm gonna miss it.

Sold this to my nephew for $2000, been sitting collecting black widow spiders and dust for almost 6 years, hasn't been started in 3 years due to a bad MSD box. Replaced the MSD, primed the carb and it fired right up. It has a mild 452 headed 440/ The 727/3500 stall and an 8 3/4 w/3.23's replaced the B body 4spd and spooled 9" w/4.88's after the Ferd rear snapped the pinion. Also cracked the bell housing and bent the rear springs for good measure. Too much gear for 1/4 mile duty, but LOADS of fun on the street. Ran high 12's on the limiter with 60 ft's in the 1.60's.

Yeah the vid's crappy, deal with it.:D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb1ZXtHU4A8&feature=plcp"]029 - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 232
Made the hood back in the late 90's for another pickup I had, with the same 440 powering it. Grafted the bulge from a crunched Challenger hood onto one back in the 80's, now you can buy 'em. Dadgum copycats lol. Drank quite a bit back then, I guess beer was good brain fluid for dreamin' things up.

I quit drinking several years ago, but I've had my eye on a '73 Duster about a mile from here. It's sun toasted, slant 6, but it's 100% rust free, dent free and complete, and I could likely pick it up for around $300. I have an A body 8 3/4, another 360, an extra 4 spd, just might have to go get a twelve pack and think this over...........

-
Back