-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not mine

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

Why not? I’m not sure I’d pay 3 grand for those. They take a huge amount of work.
Because mopars just happen to be the most expensive engine to build. I'm sure that there is a lot of R&D in the development of those cylinder heads.

I’d pay 3K for the pair. (Complete)

I’d tell you to jump off a very high bridge for 3K per head.
And not so kindly ether.

Part of the problem is “IF” they can be ported out to the maximum. If not, then they can be no better than an Edelbrock/Chink knock off head. Mine went only 312cfm before a port gave up the ghost.

The other problem is an expensive valve train. TD or Jesel here kids. That equals “KA-Ching!” (AKA - Lot-O-money.)

The heads are basically stated as an aluminum square port version of the W2 & can be ported out a little further for more flow. YMMV.

Last edited:
I’d pay 3K for the pair.

I’d tell you to jump off a very high bridge for 3K per head.
And not so kindly ether.

Part of the problem is “IF” they can be ported out to the maximum. If not, then they can be no better than an Edelbrock/Chink knock off head. Mine went only 312cfm before a port gave up the ghost.

The other problem is an expensive valve train. TD or Jesel here kids. That equals “KA-Ching!” (AKA - Lot-O-money.)

The heads are basically stated as an aluminum square port version of the W2 & can be ported out a little further for more flow. YMMV.
I don't know anything about the w cylinder heads, why do they require special valve train parts?

I would be VERY careful dealing with this guy. A quick search of his listings shows multi listings for Mopar parts in several cities.

A big red flag for me!

Screenshot 2024-01-03 6.24.33 PM.png

Because mopars just happen to be the most expensive engine to build. I'm sure that there is a lot of R&D in the development of those cylinder heads.

Go find the equivalent GM or Ford head to the W5 and see what that costs. It’s the same.

When you could go buy junk yard parts and race the GM stuff was cheaper. When you step up to race parts the cost is very similar between all the brands.

Go find the equivalent GM or Ford head to the W5 and see what that costs. It’s the same.

When you could go buy junk yard parts and race the GM stuff was cheaper. When you step up to race parts the cost is very similar between all the brands.
The research that I've done lately says the same thing

I thought all of the W5 heads had the rocker stands milled off. I've only had one set and they were but I did buy them used.

@Hellrats You are correct. The W5 has them milled off, all of them. W2 came both ways.

@Dan the man

1st picture is a W5 vs Edelbrock side by side.
Crane rockers with stands on the W5 head.

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2721.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

IMG_2723.jpeg

So do they. No GM or Ford is using stud mounted rockers. All shafts unless they are stuck in the 1950’s.
Disagree! Not true. I’ll just say any serious Chevy or Ford is using a shaft mounted rocker. I’ll leave it at that.
:lol:

The W5 has them milled off, all of them. W2 came both ways.
wasn't the W2 offering with the pedestals called "econo" or some such? and did it have dual pattern exhaust mounts?

this is well out of my wheelhouse, but i seem to remember some of that stuff kicking around.

arr matey! when ye be gettin' into tall masted ships they all be the same price!

keep it cheap with a chevy and ye can row your dinghy around the port and have spare doubloons for rum and whores!

ya want to ply the open seas, then open that treasure chest!

I wish that they would come out with a awesome cylinder head for the 318's for the street. Edelbrock has a cylinder head for the small bore small block chevy. This new high performance cylinder head is going to create a demand for it and a street 318 would do the same

-
Back