-

69 Cuda 440

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Is it possible, did Mopar ever make an 'Ugly Car'

1961 Plymouth Savoy

th

i can think of a lot of early As that fit in that category :-#....oops did i say that out loud

I loved those V. Exner cars. It was the unique ideas that went into them like the daylight backlit dash , the big toilet seat on the trunk, and the long ram intake manifolds. Hey lets not forget the square shaped steering wheel. The rocket tail lights on the 62 Darts and Savoys.

I loved those V. Exner cars. It was the unique ideas that went into them like the daylight backlit dash , the big toilet seat on the trunk, and the long ram intake manifolds. Hey lets not forget the square shaped steering wheel. The rocket tail lights on the 62 Darts and Savoys.

I agree! I think those styles attracted me to mopars.

X3. I almost bought a Savoy at Car Craft last year.

No ugly Mopars around here. :glasses7:

Attachments

• IMG_5373 (Small).JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 3,635
I'd say "yeah, it's definitely possible".....but I'd prefer to use the word "daring"......I mean, that's one angry *** front end on that '61! Also.....I wouldn't exactly say that other manufacturers were "hitting it outta the park" on styling in the early 60's either, seriously! I've often wondered what the hell happened between '59 and '61.....I think all manufacturers' cars looked just weird and crappy, and then started coming around again in 1962.

4427645847_df8b9a801a.jpg
LaBomba%20.jpg
4122597611_eb785843ff_z.jpg
1961-chevy-impala-front.jpg
hppp-1202-01-o-%2B1960-pontiac-ventura%2Bfront.jpg

After thinking about this a bit I realized the Imperials with the stand alone headlights was not an attractive car. Actually its kinda ugly, there I said it.

4836462856_6df8df0ae7.jpg

I love all those cars! Some that may be considered 'ugly' can be made to look very cool by certain mods...lowering a bit, the right wheels and paint, removing some of the chrome. There is an art to it.

Themsssssssssssss is fighting words:violent1:

Hand me my pitchfork please.....

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ...I was waiting for it......nothing funnier for a Saturday morning but to stir the pot.

in all seriousness ...there is no such thing as an ugly mopar .....in my experience...every car I thought was ugly ....actually wasn't so bad once I took the time to really check it out.

I used to think 63 darts were hideous ...but actually now I wouldn't mind finding one.....in fact I almost really want one.

I used to think A-100 vans were nasty looking and now after really spending some time with one, I think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

in General I used to think all early As were ugly and part of that might be that I was never around them ...they are hard to find here and I have not spent much time around them ....but through FABO .....dang there are some sweet early As around ....like MR. WRB426 ..he has a sweet early dart.

so I was just stirring the pot in jest but in real ......if you think a certain type of car is ugly ...spend more time looking at them ....you will be glad you made an effort instead of writing off what could become your favorite car. :cheers:

i can think of a lot of early As that fit in that category :-#....oops did i say that out loud

X2 especially the '60 4 door Valiants. (Toad cars) :happy1:
Not all is lost though, the 4 door Corvair of the same year was uglier if that makes anyone feel better. :D

aries woody- no worse that the chevy and ford offerings of that time, but pretty darn ugly

Attachments

• std_1983_dodge_aries_se_wagon__aries_sedan.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 3,847
All that junk is hideous, all the makers must have
been copying each other between 58 and 62.

1964 and up is when they started making real
good looking cars.

You can make a turd smell good with enough perfume.

in all seriousness ...there is no such thing as an ugly mopar .
x2

I love having a unique looking car, my 62 Newport for example. People have asked my how I could drive such an ugly thing, my reply is, at least it doesn't look like everything else on the road.

-
Back