Forgetful

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hopefully i am not the only one but have you guys ever started a thread and a few days later put out of your mind and then suddenly remember when someone bumps it to the top out of the blue.

Or have you ever recieved an e-mail from someone and think "i will respond to it later" and then days go by and you are doing some random chore or something and it hits you...... "OMG, i forgot to reply to that e-mail"

i have thought that i should make notes to myself but last time i tried that..... it didnt work because i forgot what i did with the notepad. :sleepy3:

hopefully i am not the only one but have you guys ever started a thread and a few days later put out of your mind and then suddenly remember when someone bumps it to the top out of the blue.

Or have you ever recieved an e-mail from someone and think "i will respond to it later" and then days go by and you are doing some random chore or something and it hits you...... "OMG, i forgot to reply to that e-mail"

i have thought that i should make notes to myself but last time i tried that..... it didnt work because i forgot what i did with the notepad. :sleepy3:[/

I've had numorus people ask that question over the years. As soon as I remember the answer I'll get back to you.

Rani,
Yer gettin' old! LOL :tongue3:

As said, here, it gets worse as you get older, OK now back top whatever in the hell it was cuz I suffer proudly from CRS... "Can't Remember ****"

Knowing is half the battle!

I have no idea what that is like, fortunately.

Wait, what were we talking about? :eek:ops:

The other day I was ummmm... uhhhhh....

Oh, nevermind, that wasn't me....

Rani here's a true story. I SWEAR it is true

One day I'm talkin' to a friend of mine, standing in my living room.

I looked down, and on the end table is the holster for my cellphone......and no cellphone. "Damn."

"What's the matter?"

"Well, here's the holster for the cellphone, I have no idea where IT is."

"How many do ya need, you're talking to me on one of em!!!"

my cousin laughs at me because one day I was working on my dart and had a 1/2 socket with an extension on a 3/8 ratchet.

I took a break and went to my patio with a carton of OJ and relaxed for about ten minutes.....the carton was about 1/10 full so I finished it off and tossed the carton.

Went back in the shop to get back to work and my ratchet was gone.....I mean vanished.

So I spend 45 minutes combing the shop for the ratchet and its driving me crazy.....so I finally give up the search and go my truck tool box for another ratchet set-up.

The next morning my cousin found the first ratchet setup in refrigerator where the OJ was. :eek:ops:

Rani here's a true story. I SWEAR it is true

One day I'm talkin' to a friend of mine, standing in my living room.

I looked down, and on the end table is the holster for my cellphone......and no cellphone. "Damn."

"What's the matter?"

"Well, here's the holster for the cellphone, I have no idea where IT is."

"How many do ya need, you're talking to me on one of em!!!"

Del, I have done this and seen it done!! Lol and back b4 I got contacts I'd look and look for my glasses then suddenly it dawned on me... They were on my FACE!!! Lol and I'm only 20..... Lol

Rani, you are young. I have an excuse. There are three signs of old age.

1. Lack of memory

Sorry, can't remember 2 & 3.

Rani, you are young. I have an excuse. There are three signs of old age.

1. Lack of memory

Sorry, can't remember 2 & 3.

im not really that young ....just turned 28 ....I mean all my teen years are becoming a distant memory ......almost going on ten years out of high school (I graduated late due to an accident)

So whats left in life......get married ...maybe have a kid(if an old uterus can handle it)....put him or her through college......maybe see a grandbaby or two and die off as white haired old lady.

I mean really once you hit 25, there is really no more fun and acting like an idiot anymore....and I am past that....not even a young gun anymore which is really depressing ....then on top of it all .....cant even remember what I did last week. :sleepy3:

im not really that young ....just turned 28 ....I mean all my teen years are becoming a distant memory ......almost going on ten years out of high school (I graduated late due to an accident)

So whats left in life......get married ...maybe have a kid(if an old uterus can handle it)....put him or her through college......maybe see a grandbaby or two and die off as white haired old lady.

I mean really once you hit 25, there is really no more fun and acting like an idiot anymore....and I am past that....not even a young gun anymore which is really depressing ....then on top of it all .....cant even remember what I did last week. :sleepy3:

You should start racing. :)

How many times have you looked all over for your glasses or sun glasses, when they were on the top of your head the whole time..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Have you had the reality check yet of when you walk in to an antique store and the toys you played with are there?

Some guys at work were talking about a new tv station showing re-runs of old westerns, like Rawhide, Have Gun Will Travel, etc. I told them, I can remember watching them, when they weren't re-runs. I watched the Beatles perform on the Ed Sullivan Show. I saw the Monkees in concert. Yep, I'm old.

Uuuhhhhh.... I've come to know a gentleman through this sight (you know him too) who will prove that point as FALSE!!! Lol and he'll admit it too! He might chime in yet :D

ummmmm ice cream!!!

my favorite is the ice cream sammich .....I don't know what they are called but they have chocolate section in the middle and white section on one end ....and pink section on other end. I don't know what flavor the white and pink are but its good.

ummmmm ice cream!!!

my favorite is the ice cream sammich .....I don't know what they are called but they have chocolate section in the middle and white section on one end ....and pink section on other end. I don't know what flavor the white and pink are but its good.

I think that you mean Neopoliton ice cream.

I like fudgecicles and creamcicles.... :thumleft:

Rani
I am 60 and it happens all the time. Life is to busy and keeps our minds occupied in all directions. I can think back to the late 80's and even the 90's and no problem with any of this, but when we embrace technology to its fullest with all the BS we have today we can only process so ..... bull.... be... we ..... for ..t w.at w. we.e doi..! Oh hell screw it live for the moment!

found the first ratchet setup in refrigerator where the OJ was. :eek:ops:

I once found a missing TV remote in the vegetable crisper drawer in the bottom of the fridge.
I was probably the same age then as you are now...
You are not alone!

I was going to post something in this thread...but I can't remember what it was! D'oh!!

I know that I'm forgetting something, but I can't remember what....

Some guys at work were talking about a new tv station showing re-runs of old westerns, like Rawhide, Have Gun Will Travel, etc. I told them, I can remember watching them, when they weren't re-runs. I watched the Beatles perform on the Ed Sullivan Show. I saw the Monkees in concert. Yep, I'm old.

This is me also.

And I forget names of people I should know so
I've taken to calling people "guy".

If you have not forgotten to get dressed before leaving the house all is good....I once.....ummmm..misplaced a running motorcycle....creature of habit, got out of the habit and shut the garage door with the bike still in the garage, running. Was spinning around in the driveway looking for it. Neighbor was going by with his dog, put his ear to the garage and just started laughing at me...

-
Back