Found at bottom of lake!

-
I've never seen a pulley like the one there...but then I never really looked that close either. That fish is neat. Thanks for the fun SSDAN!

I'll take one more shot Dan,.....60' intake alum. 61' intake iron?
I cheated I googled dan's posts....
All 1960-model slant-6 intakes were aluminum 1bbl items. Some were sandcast, some were semipermanent-mould cast.

The '76 Feather Duster/Dart Lite had an aluminum 1bbl sandcast intake -- totally different from the '60 casting.

In '78, they started using 2-piece electron-beam welded aluminum 1bbl and 2bbl intakes. Super light weight, but prone to crack and casting porosity problems.

In '83, they started using 1-piece sandcast aluminum 1bbl intakes. Similar to the '76 FD/DL casting but not the same. There might have been a 2bbl version of this intake, but if so it is scarce.

Mopar Performance offered a sandcast 1-piece aluminum 2bbl intake, similar to the 1bbl item just above this paragraph but with differences besides the obvious carb mounting pad difference.

there wasn't much left of it.i could just tell that it was a / six,cable shift auto,7&1/4 rear....with a foot print gas pedal.cool video!reminds me of the 74 road runner that was in mcg that was driven off in a quary when it was almost new..there was a lot more of it left though.

I'll take one more shot Dan,.....60' intake alum. 61' intake iron?

Yep, that's what I'm lookin' at! The intake is in exactly the same condition as the exhaust manifold. I could be wrong, but I think a '60 aluminum intake would be largely dissolved, or at least would look very different from the cast iron all around it.

I was hunting for the alternator until I realized that '60 was the first year for alternators, right?

I'm going to make a guess here but since the water pump is missing and I realize the water might have made it dissolve after all these years, but the mounting bolts are missing? I'm thinking someone pushed in the lake years ago to get rid of it?

Nice riddle, Dan. Think you're right about the intake being iron. The grille, IIRC, was extruded aluminum. From the posting, it seems to be long gone.

-
Back