Found these rims in the attic..any way to identify the year??

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, cosgig here. So, I was working for a customer at a house he just bought from an elderly couple, and yesterday he has this pile of rims sitting by the attic door. I ask him if they came from the attic and he said yes, and that I could have them if I wanted!! I snagged them up and brought them home and have cleaned one of them up.

I know they're E-T mags because there was one center in a bag with some lugnuts, but I would more like to find out what vintage they are. I am considering using them on my 67 GTX for a nostalgic look, and was hoping they would be close to that year!! They are 15x7" and are uni-lug. They also came with 17 out of 20 lugnuts if they would help identify them!!

So, is there any way to identify the year of these?? Maybe by the center?? I'm lookin' to the experts... namely y'all fer help!! Thanks for any input received, Geof

Attachments

• 100_4708.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 476
  • 100_4709.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 495
  • 100_4710.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 477
Et mags were real popular in the late 1970's I had a set myself,you can still find the lugs and washers on ebay

ET Wheels were created in 1962 by Richard Beith while working as a high school metal shop teacher. Beith invented the two piece mag wheels, Uni-Lug, and was first to produce one piece aluminum alloy wheels.

Now come on, did you find them in attic or did you know they were up there and just got them down this week?

My wife asked me one time if I had a use for 7 A Body Automatic Consoles!

I didn't have an answer, Damnit!

Got to love an attic, it's like Christmas, year round.

nice find that rim cleaned up real nice.

Thx,Jimmy. I'm hoping they all clean up that well!! Also found a guy selling 3 of the exact same center caps, so I bid on them and hope to have all 4!!

I think I'll put em' on the X to see if I like them. I saw a spread a few years ago in MCG about a guy with his original 67 GTX and he still had the original 5 spoke mags on it that he bought when the car was brand new. It looked so right!! Hopin' for the same with these!! Geof

Now come on, did you find them in attic or did you know they were up there and just got them down this week?

My wife asked me one time if I had a use for 7 A Body Automatic Consoles!

I didn't have an answer, Damnit!

Got to love an attic, it's like Christmas, year round.

These wern't mine until yesterday!! I really got them from a customer who found them above the garage in an attic of a house he just bought. The house was owned by an old couple and these must've been "Burt"s. There are little treasures hidden all over the house, he's just cleaning out spaces one by one.

He knows I'm a car guy, and he works for Ford so he's kind of one too, but when I told him I wanted them for my GTX, he couldn't help me load them fast enough!! I just wish I would've seen the items he took out to the curb for the "pickers" as he called them, no tellin' what they got!!! Geof

Thx MD!! Now, I think I've narrowed down the year to 1972. There is a copyright stamp inside one of the spokes on the back that says C-72. Don't know if the style was just copyrighted then, or the rims were made then, but it's a start!!

Here's 3 of them cleaned up, working on the 4th!! Ones kinda peeled, and If I can find one to replace it in the next couple months I'll be good to go, if not it's going on as is for now!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_4722.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 100_4723.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_4724.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 243
Finding 15" wheels is a plus. It seems like most all vintage wheels I've found the past few years have been 14"s. I does seem like 14"s were more popular back in the day, but 15"s are more desirable now with the increasingly limited tire selection we have these days.
Dallas

-
Back