Front end alignment results

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
Took the 68 Barracuda to a local shop for front end alignment. The shop, Grilliot Alignment in Darke County OH was highly recommended by every local car enthusiast that I spoke with.
They have a tech that does all the classic cars and he was more than willing to listen to the alignment specs that I wanted put on the car.
I basically went with the street performance settings from the Shosh Chart.
The before and after readings are in the photo below.

IMG_4873.jpeg

IMG_4881.jpeg

Looks good! Somebody knows how to do it!

I rotated my tires for the first or second time in 7 years ( about 1000 miles per year) the inside two rows were worn but the rest were flat.

I stopped at a real alignment shop and I was thinking excess camber but they said it's more likely toe out at speeds from warn suspension.

I added a 1/4 turn to each side to get some toe in. Getting tired rebalanced tomorrow and we will see if it feels any different. Took 7 years to get to where it is now I have 3 more before I replace them so even if I have too much toe in as long as it drives well I'm good.

I rotated my tires for the first or second time in 7 years ( about 1000 miles per year) the inside two rows were worn but the rest were flat.

I stopped at a real alignment shop and I was thinking excess camber but they said it's more likely toe out at speeds from warn suspension.

I added a 1/4 turn to each side to get some toe in. Getting tired rebalanced tomorrow and we will see if it feels any different. Took 7 years to get to where it is now I have 3 more before I replace them so even if I have too much toe in as long as it drives well I'm good.

At only 1,000 miles per year your alignment would have to be completely whacked to wear out your tires before they time out. At 10k miles a year it’s a whole different story.

And, on the topic of timing out, most tire manufacturers are currently recommending 7 years as the max now, not 10. Do as you want, just FYI.

How old are your suspension component?
The 68 Barracuda has been an ongoing project since about 2016.
Everything on the front and rear suspension has been replaced or rebuilt: new ball joints, C body tie rod ends, reinforced LCA, Moog problem solver bushings in the UCA’s, seam welded and reinforced K frame,,,

I saw on a posting discussing the Skosh Chart that the camber settings for Max.perf.street should be -.75 to -1.0 degrees
similar for Track/auto-X, that should be -2.0 to -3.0 degrees

A positive Camber with the top of the front tires outside the bottom of the front tires would be unusual.

I saw on a posting discussing the Skosh Chart that the camber settings for Max.perf.street should be -.75 to -1.0 degrees
similar for Track/auto-X, that should be -2.0 to -3.0 degrees

A positive Camber with the top of the front tires outside the bottom of the front tires would be unusual.

Rick Ehrenberg admitted the first version published had those typos. There are corrected versions floating around.

-
Back