front end questions

-

rick4106

Reaction score
Looking for advice for my son's 67 dart front end. 70 model v8 kmember,67 dart manuel steering box,74 dart spindles,upper control arms and ball joints. Do i use the 74 tie rods and sleeves? Rubber,ploygraphite or polyurethane strut rod bushings and upper control arm bushings? This will be his daily driver and some track time.

It's been a long time since I've done the tie rod thing and I cannot remember that.....BUT, on the bushings, here's my 2 cents. If it's gonna be anything of a street car, I would opt for a name brand rubber bushing. Also, there have been many articles regarding where rubber bushings are actually better for the track......drag strip that is, I take for granted that's what you mean.

I'm pretty sure tie rod ends for 67-76 cars are all the same. Use quality moog bushings. You could use urethane for the strut rods, upper control arms, and use oem rubber for the lower control arm bushings.

There is a change in the tie rod ends I think it was 1973. 1967 thru 1972 used Moog es319r and es319l if I am correct on the years.

Hello. I think you are mistaken, but I am looking at rockauto.com right now, and I'm getting the same part number for moog tie rod ends whether it is for a 70 dart (67-72 type suspension) and a 74 plymouth duster (73-76 type suspension)

Moog PN: ES401R for the outers

Moog PN: ES401L for the inners

Talked to a local guy in our club . His also squeaks with the poly bushings.Looks like I will go with the rubber.

The center link, idler arm and pitman arm changed. The tie rod ends did not change.

-
Back