Front Shock Recommendation

-
you should be fine with 205's, especially with the rear mounted calipers.
Noted. So the standard front sway bar would suffice? Would save me a bit a of $$$ rather than going with the wide tire clearance option.

Noted. So the standard front sway bar would suffice? Would save me a bit a of $$$ rather than going with the wide tire clearance option.
yeah, as long as your calipers are at the rear you should be fine.

sometimes you'll get a tiny bit of contact at full lock on the nub of the lower balljoint. depends on the mfgr. but it's not enough to worry about tbh.

Currently running 205/60R15's with rear mounted calipers. Is the wide tire clearance sway bar a must with this setup?

No.
Needed when going to 16” and up diameter rims with over 5” backspacing

Should consider 215 or 225 tires for handling

Anything to note when installing both the front or rear? Hellwig provides instructions and looks pretty straight forward.

you can install everything with the car up in the air, but the final tightening and end links need to be done with the car on the ground with the weight on the wheels.

align the car first if you haven't done so. which entails wrapping up any associated suspension work and/or loose ends.

try and get the bar as level as possible, this may require longer links or shortening up your links. this, *in theory* will also help you achieve zero preload, which is what you want. or damn near.

not super critical, but you can put ballast in the driver's seat (i use 3 raccoons and a dirty 30) to help approximate driver weight.

if any of that came with rubber bushings toss those straight into the bin and replace with poly pieces.

red loctite.

you can install everything with the car up in the air, but the final tightening and end links need to be done with the car on the ground with the weight on the wheels.

align the car first if you haven't done so. which entails wrapping up any associated suspension work and/or loose ends.

try and get the bar as level as possible, this may require longer links or shortening up your links. this, *in theory* will also help you achieve zero preload, which is what you want. or damn near.

not super critical, but you can put ballast in the driver's seat (i use 3 raccoons and a dirty 30) to help approximate driver weight.

if any of that came with rubber bushings toss those straight into the bin and replace with poly pieces.

red loctite.
Good stuff here. I was planning on using race ramps to install so weight would be on the wheels during the entire install. Do I need to install with the suspension unloaded first? Instructions on their website do mention polyurethane. Can someone confirm this is accurate?

Good stuff here. I was planning on using race ramps to install so weight would be on the wheels during the entire install. Do I need to install with the suspension unloaded first? Instructions on their website do mention polyurethane. Can someone confirm this is accurate?
nah, it's fine to do so on ramps.

-
Back