FTI TC Anyone run one?

-
for example, I'd like to go another round with my low dollar 318, but I may pull it and slam a aluminum head 440 in it.

I get it man, but you know you're not the only person through history to do it like this. People have done what you're doing and worked around it. It's even easier now with the modern converter technology. Call a converter company and talk to them. That will be a lot more accurate than this place.

Last edited:
for example, I'd like to go another round with my low dollar 318, but I may pull it and slam a aluminum head 440 in it.
Tell the converter company that...
Here I'll give you a preview of their answer.... Bahahaha...

Tell the converter company that...
Here I'll give you a preview of their answer.... Bahahaha...
exactly. It's why in my first post is made it clear a custom converter is not the best for what I'm doing.

In all due respect to everyone, the title doesn't say "Help Me Select a Converter"... it says "FTI TC anyone run one? LOL

it's after 10 where I am it's got to be like 1 in the morning where you are what kind of answers you expecting this time of night...

I tried to nail down a price on that but if you could do the math for me how much would that be up and Above & Beyond the $700 torque converter?
If I wanted to run a 904 behind a big block, I couldn't care less.

well, i'm getting lots of advice on how to "pick a converter" or "install a 4 speed" and I'm trying to get reviews on FTI converters - quality and the such. Got a couple reviews on the first page so I'll take that as a win LOL :D

well, i'm getting lots of advice on how to "pick a converter" or "install a 4 speed" and I'm trying to get reviews on FTI converters - quality and the such. Got a couple reviews on the first page so I'll take that as a win LOL :D
Touche...

or no I forgot you've made up your mind you're going to get it anyhow just give us a picture when it comes in and show us a video of how it works... That's it I had forgotten already...

If I wanted to run a 904 behind a big block, I couldn't care less.

Well it is interesting that you could put the 904 behind a big block using that adapter the real value of the adapter is the fact that you could put a 518 or 500 small block overdrive transmission behind a big block with it.

Well it is interesting that you could put the 904 behind a big block using that adapter the real value of the adapter is the fact that you could put a 518 or 500 small block overdrive transmission behind a big block with it.
THat adaptor would lead to any road I decided to go down in the future. It's why I told Jpeg I couldn't care less what it cost... LOL

It looks like 318 has valves that will fly has a unlimited budget all of a sudden...

It looks like 318 has valves that will fly has a unlimited budget all of a sudden...
lol... hardly, but just because I guy does low dollar things doesn't mean it's because he has to. Never once on this site did I say I was waiting for my next check to buy anything, now did I ???? See how you assume?

THat adaptor would lead to any road I decided to go down in the future. It's why I told Jpeg I couldn't care less what it cost... LOL

That adapter would allow you to drop a big block in to a 2000 Ram 2500 pu using the original tranny(beefed up of course)

-
Back