fuel filler problems

-
Got this yesterday. Very difficult to get in…
Any ideas
Bend the points a bit and use something beveled to try to set it.

I did it years ago and had to adjust it a bunch, without loosing it down too far. It was not much fun. I had wished I could tack it with a welder, but I didn't want to explode or drain and disconnect the tank so I fought through. Good luck.

Screenshot_20240907-155054.png

Bend the points a bit and use something beveled to try to set it.

I did it years ago and had to adjust it a bunch, without loosing it down too far. It was not much fun. I had wished I could tack it with a welder, but I didn't want to explode or drain and disconnect the tank so I fought through. Good luck.

View attachment 1716300369

Sounds Lile the tank's not venting. Have you blown compressed air into the vent tube to make sure it's clean? Does Pennsylvania have the body seal on the gas pump handle like CA?

Why you never throw away your holey socks! I use them for two things, put them on your hand and wipe down suspension parts and I carry a few in every side filler car and jam them in around the filler nozzle so it gets proper back pressure and kicks off. Then throw the wet sock in the garbage can at the pump.

I carry a few in every side filler car and jam them in around the filler nozzle so it gets proper back pressure and kicks off. Then throw the wet sock in the garbage can at the pump
I do the same thing but with paper towels

I will try that next
What I do is take 2 or 3 towels and roll them like Cheech and Chong would do making one long tube. The pull the filler out just enough to wrap the towels around the filler nozzle and wedge it in snug. I also fill on the slowest speed or if I know I'm filling it up, I speed to the last few gallons then slow it down

-
Back