Fuel senders

-

Gumby

Reaction score
I'm putting a new tank in my 65 dart and am curious if anyone makes a QUALITY sender for it. From everything I've read they don't work very well or read correctly. Has anyone had good luck with any particular brand?

I'm putting a new tank in my 65 dart and am curious if anyone makes a QUALITY sender for it. From everything I've read they don't work very well or read correctly. Has anyone had good luck with any particular brand?
Nope.........

So the one I used is from a 66 Van.
1717455926943.jpeg
More like original, works ok I guess...

The other thing, there is a product called "meter match" but unfortunately it was recently bought out and the prices went up. There is also a similar product on ebay. Sorry, I don't have the info handy. You have to get into the dash wiring, and this device goes electrically between the gauge and sender. It is programmable, and has several settings to correct the gauge vs the sender output.

Metermatch

Here ya go, the "other one" ---cannot believe I found that

The Egag link still works just under 30.00 I just ordered another one to play with

Last edited:
I spent a few attempts regarding aftermarket fuel senders. I tested at the tank, with the wire, with the fuel sender out of the tank, and moved the float manually.....my wife watching the guage as well, at the driver side under the left panel, and in both cases, using an auxilliray/extra ground. Worked fine. Then hooked up the wiring, and did not work. I took the dash apart, added an extra ground to the dash frame, did not work. I looked more closely at the IVR, (Thanks 65 Dartman), and then I changed the IVR, and all worked. Ohming out the wires, insuring good grounds, discovering if the guage is good, is the dash circuit board functioning properly...no opens or shorts, and a good IVR. Maybe not an answer to your question, but these are what I looked at. I bought my last sender, after market, and it worked great. Bought it from Classic.

The biggest problem with fuel tank senders of this type is that the float arm may need adjusting to read correctly, with the tank full & empty...

-
Back