Full new wiring harness?

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
My wiring has been like all of them, hacked and jimmy rigged by all the previous owners.

Any recommendations for a full wiring harness?

I don't need it to have an alternator regulator harness, I am one wire hot alternator.

I don't need wiring for ballast, happy with just hot coil.

Can just ignore these if the product I choose has them.

Painless does not seem to make an A body harness, but they do have a universal Mopar I see, anyone use this?

I don't care about originality, in fact looking forward to ditching the old style fuses and body ground light sockets truth be told.

Any other recommendations?

Nobody builds a harness to match what you want. It’s either a factory style new harness or a painless (Chevrolet copy cat) or build your own.

Regarding 1 wire ballast, unless you change ignition, you'll need 2 wires for ballast and coil.

Ignition is changed already, Pertronix one wire hot distributor

I’d pay for a factory wiring harness if it was me M&H. For a aftermarket one I’d do the American auto wire. Dustin

American Autowire Classic Update A Body harness, I’ve used one in my car and the inclusions, adaptability, quality and instructions are all first class.

Does anyone make a full harness for a ‘65 A-body? Those two vendors only go back to ‘67 on their website.

My wiring has been like all of them, hacked and jimmy rigged by all the previous owners.

I don't need it to have an alternator regulator harness, I am one wire hot alternator.

Painless does not seem to make an A body harness, but they do have a universal Mopar I see, anyone use this?

I don't care about originality, in fact looking forward to ditching the old style fuses and body ground light sockets truth be told.

Is it just a mess under the hood ?

The wiring pretty basic on these cars no reason you can't fix it. That's what I'm gonna do to mine.

Here's a couple of places I just googled they seem to have the parts you may need.

Mopar Restoration and Performance A-BODY ELECTRICAL, Wiring Harnesses

https://www.classicindustries.com/s...lectrical-wiring/wiring-connectors/harnesses/

Last edited:
I used the AAW harness on my 62 Dart, $299, modern fuse box, all the wire you could ever need plus, alternator kit with the main power cable and maxi fuse. Bought the Packard connectors and used the factory plastic connectors, ignition switch, wiper switch, etc.

On my 67 a-body I bought a painless 7 circuit fuse box kit, integrated it into my existing dash harness, basically made the engine harness, extremely basic and simple, headlight relays/harness.
I did buy a new rear harness, it wasn't too much $, but did not include the interior harness.

Thanks. I’ll check these options out. I have a ‘65 coupe and convertible to do, and spare harness from my donor car. Everything works on the convertible, but some of the connectors are a little toasty, and its’ harness has been repaired in a couple of places. My coupe is on the rotisserie and I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. The electrical part doesn’t scare me since I have some background in that area. Thanks again.

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

just had my 68 fastback rewired by Smothers Supercars , I rewired it about 12ish yrs ago , but grounded the POS.post "hard" on a battery change that put a short in it some where , after hunting it for so long , I got to where I couldn't get underneath the dash (going on 78), they did an excellent job , I bought a quick wire 8 circuit kit , was way heavyer than the E Z wiring kit I used the first time . No complaints...

Nobody builds a harness to match what you want. It’s either a factory style new harness or a painless (Chevrolet copy cat) or build your own.
Hogwash...
Edit: didn’t see build your own... kinda...

I used a universal $150 on black Friday sale for $85 harness to do my power wagon and love it...
PXL_20220704_200825653~2.jpg

-
Back