funny pictures

-
1723885556331.png

I don’t think they have an angry hour. Their just pissed off all the time. Was in my parts car and got attacked by those black and white bastards. Got hit 4 times, didn’t feel to good for 4 or 5 hours after and the welts were huge. Two cans of Raid fixed the problem. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

I don’t think they have an angry hour. Their just pissed off all the time. Was in my parts car and got attacked by those black and white bastards. Got hit 4 times, didn’t feel to good for 4 or 5 hours after and the welts were huge. Two cans of Raid fixed the problem. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
Agreed. About a week ago I accidentally bumped a low-hanging hornets nest while walking from Point A to Point B out in the yard, and got stung three times in the ankle for my troubles. Same as you, my ankle swelled-up pretty good, but I got even with them, not only with a can of Raid, but also with some carb cleaner and a lighter.

Felt goooood!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Burned the leaves off the end of that branch of the tree, but it was too low anyway, so we cut it off.

Was building my sons 74 charger and grabbed the fan from shelfs in the carport. Never saw the wasp nest on the back of the fan, got stung 6 times before I could drop it and run. Learned that day that carburetor cleaner drops them instantly.

I had a huge hornet nest in a tree in my front yard some years ago, never knew it was there until one day my dog was near it and suddenly yelped for no reason. I went to check on her and my ankle got nailed 4 times in a second, nearly dropping me to the ground.
I quickly realized where the nest was and got the dog and myself away from it.
Next day I talked to a customer who was an exterminator about what I could do to get rid of permanently.
He advised me to get a couple cans of ether, and wait until the early hours of the morning when they are less active, then spray the hell out of it. Worked perfectly and a couple days later I was able to pull the nest off the tree and tossed it into the bonfire in my yard. Thing was over 2 feet long and nearly 2 feet in diameter. My then wife wanted to keep it for a Halloween decoration, but it went up in flames.

You can buy a Raid product that shoots a foam for quite a distance. Used it several times, aim it at the opening and fill the hole as the pests come out they drop dead almost immediately. Works good on hanging nests. The ones that got me were nesting in the seat foam.

You can buy a Raid product that shoots a foam for quite a distance. Used it several times, aim it at the opening and fill the hole as the pests come out they drop dead almost immediately. Works good on hanging nests. The ones that got me were nesting in the seat foam.
Yeah, I used some of that, but it just didn't give me the same level of satisfaction as burning 'em! My can of Raid said to wait until morning as well (ala Randy's post above), but after getting stung I wanted satisfaction...NOW!

Spent the past weekend working on the soffits and gutters of our house, and sure enough there were some wasp & hornets nests up there as well. Used three cans of Raid, and left the "flamethrower" back in the shop this time.

Yeah, I used some of that, but it just didn't give me the same level of satisfaction as burning 'em! My can of Raid said to wait until morning as well (ala Randy's post above), but after getting stung I wanted satisfaction...NOW!

Spent the past weekend working on the soffits and gutters of our house, and sure enough there were some wasp & hornets nests up there as well. Used three cans of Raid, and left the "flamethrower" back in the shop this time.
Good idea. I’ve burned them out with a tiger torch on a 20lb propane bottle works pretty good.

Good idea. I’ve burned them out with a tiger torch on a 20lb propane bottle works pretty good.
Damn! I never thought of that! My wife bought a propane powered weed burner thing (think flamethrower on a stick) to burn out the weeds in the cracks in our driveway (at the old house), and I bet that would work as well.

Next time I'll have to remember to give that a try.

-
Back