G8 go away

-

godfatherofchry

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I wish the G8 meetings would go back to ILL:wack:.and away from here this place is a mess.choppers flaying over at night blacked out cars taking pictures state police cars with cameras mounted front&rear everywhere you look theres a camera.and then theres the goofy looking people:protest:.and the bad part is it's only thursday:banghead: aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!I think Ill go visit someone:rambo::thumleft:......Artie

Sure. Come to Chicago, we have the NATO crap going on here....

Thanks for wishing your crap was here.

But seriously, YOU moved near DC... What did YOU expect???

But seriously, YOU moved near DC... What did YOU expect???[/QUOTE]
well actually I moved up on this mountain to get further away from the city...now there bringing it up here.Owell it wont last long.........Artie

I guess, you can run, but you can't hide...

Here is the BS we have to deal with while those a--holes are here. This is copied and pasted from a local police email.

**************************************************************************************

Metra has announced new rules during the NATO weekend. “Metra has just announced special security precautions that will be in effect during next weekend's NATO summit. And though most services will operate, there will be sharp and sometimes inconvenient restrictions.

Only one line will be shut entirely -- that is the Metra Electric District branch on Monday. But there will extensive station closures.

On Saturday and Sunday, May 19 and 20, for instance, trains will not stop at 47th Street, 27th Street, McCormick Place, 18th Street and 11th Street.

All those also will be closed until noon on Monday, as will 111th Street, 107th Street, 103rd Street, 95th Street, 91st Street, 87th Street, 83rd Street, 79th Street, 75th Street and 73rd Street.

Passengers on all lines may be subject to search and/or screening before boarding or while en route, Metra said in a briefing that is still going on.

Riders will be able to carry only one bag, not exceeding 15 inches square and 4 inches deep. Boxes, parcels, luggage, backpacks and bicycles will not be allowed on any train, and cannot be stored at Metra stations.

There's more. Passengers will not be allowed to carry any food or liquids on the trains during the three days, including coffee.

Riders are encouraged to visit Metra's website, metrarail.com, for updates.

Best advice: Show up at your station early. Metra recommends at least 15 minutes prior to departure.”

Protests planned for NATO Summit

♦ May 1-13: People’s Summit, Occupy Chicago Space, 500 W Cermak.

♦ May 14: Day of action for education, 3 p.m., Dyett High School, 555 East 51st.

♦ May 15: End immigration detention candlelight vigil, 11 a.m., Congress Center, 525 W. Van Buren.

♦ May 16: Rally to demand moratorium on foreclosures and evictions, 10 a.m., Jackson and La Salle.

♦ May 17: Environmental bike rally, 2 p.m., Jackson and La Salle.

♦ May 18: National Nurses United rally to protest G8 and the global 1%, 11 a.m., Sheraton, 301 E. North Water.

♦ May 18-19: Counter-summit for peace and economic justice, 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., People’s Church, 941 W. Lawrence.

♦ May 19: NATO popular assembly, 6-8 p.m., Jane Addams Hull House Museum, 800 S. Halsted.

♦ May 20: Iraq Veterans Against the War & Chicago Against Nato and the G-8 march, 10:30 a.m. (march sets off 2 p.m.), Petrillo Music Shell-235 S. Columbus.

♦ May 21: Shut down Boeing, Boeing headquarters, 100 N. Riverside Plaza.

Source: http://www.suntimes.com/news/124308...otests-planned-leading-up-to-nato-summit.html

Morning Artie, Two of my grandkids will be out of school tommorow (fred. co.) because of this crap. 1 has her first ever boy-girl dance tom. night which is still on, but our daughter is not gonna let her go. They live on the east side, Spring Ridge off 70. Shouln't be too bad over there i wouldn't think........but poor Thurmont....

Morning Artie, Two of my grandkids will be out of school tommorow (fred. co.) because of this crap. 1 has her first ever boy-girl dance tom. night which is still on, but our daughter is not gonna let her go. They live on the east side, Spring Ridge off 70. Shouln't be too bad over there i wouldn't think........but poor Thurmont....
dam down around her area I wouldn't think there would be a problem.or around Fredrick for that matter.but thurmont man my son has a ball game thursday Friday & saturday and I have to go threw it...I live a mile from camp David and my buddy lives on the road that goes there I was over there yesterday and the amount of traffic is terrible.and the things he had to do for them they came in and cut sum of his 50yer.old trees down so they could see up on his property.then had to show them what was in his buildings that's BS.and today it hard to tell whats going to happen......Artie

dam down around her area I wouldn't think there would be a problem.or around Fredrick for that matter.but thurmont man my son has a ball game thursday Friday & saturday and I have to go threw it...I live a mile from camp David and my buddy lives on the road that goes there I was over there yesterday and the amount of traffic is terrible.and the things he had to do for them they came in and cut sum of his 50yer.old trees down so they could see up on his property.then had to show them what was in his buildings that's BS.and today it hard to tell whats going to happen......Artie

Man such a beautiful, quiet area and the fed's and paid protesters have to turn it into a circus. Good luck these next few days and hopefully next week it will be a distant memory.

Well at least your getting the tourism bucks from the protesters...errr ya nevermind they'll just leave you with the clean up bill.

-
Back