Garage Find -all original 1970 Cuda 440 6pk car

-

Reindeer

Reaction score
Located a 1970 Cuda all original - #s matching - 440 6 Pac w/ shaker hood - auto ,buckets , performance axle pkg, ralley dash, more - painted hemi orange should be tor red - small dent in quarter - good paint no rust - chrome fair to good - drums around - no power - motor runs but way too much cam - So here's the question - what would be a fair price to pay for this vehicle with the idea of turning it to make a few bucks. Thanks in advance - David

That's a tough one to answer without seeing it.

I guess in my opinion it would make more sense to tell us what they want and go from there. Or are they wanting offers?

Drums on the front is a slant or 318 car, check the vin

ummm..... hemi orange and tor red are the same color. Tor red being the plymouth name, and hemi orange being the dodge name.

I may trade this for it.....

Attachments

• roadrunner%2520ebay%2520pics%2520%252845%2529[1].jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,178
I am doubting the accuracy of this, but I'm no E-body guy.

Every E body I owned had disks with 340 to big block.
Slants and 318 mostly had drums.
No factory 440 6pac left the factory with drums that I have seen.
Yes I have owned three of them.
I guess you could order the car that way but I asked the guy to look at the vin to see what he is buying.

:happy1: I'm not betting on Rudolph this time......

What is wrong with flipping and making a little money.

if you buy the car...then it is your car to do whatever you want to do with it....

better hurry before someone changes the law...lol

Every E body I owned had disks with 340 to big block.
Slants and 318 mostly had drums.
No factory 440 6pac left the factory with drums that I have seen.
Yes I have owned three of them.
I guess you could order the car that way but I asked the guy to look at the vin to see what he is buying.

FYI.....'70 440-6 'cuda with trak pak 3.54:1, Dana(4speed) or performance axle package 3.55:1, 8 3/4(automatic) comes with 11" X 3" front drums.

If you ordered the "Super" trak pak(4.10, Dana) or "Super" performance axle package(4.10, Dana) you got front disc brakes.

This is a 440-6 4speed 3.54 Dana car with the "BIG" front drums!!!!!!

Attachments

• SCAN0068.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,086
Located a 1970 Cuda all original - #s matching - 440 6 Pac w/ shaker hood - auto ,buckets , performance axle pkg, ralley dash, more - painted hemi orange should be tor red - small dent in quarter - good paint no rust - chrome fair to good - drums around - no power - motor runs but way too much cam - So here's the question - what would be a fair price to pay for this vehicle with the idea of turning it to make a few bucks. Thanks in advance - David

Is this car in Oklahoma in a garage with a six foot tall chain link fence around the property?

Discs were not standard equipment
Is there a build sheet and fender tag?all body stampings match?Correct radiator?real n96 car?still have the original K-frame(skid plate and 77 coin welded on it)
Many variables can change the value of a true V-code car.

Tor-red and Hemi Orange are the same.

Attachments

• 1970-dodge-pc.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,482
  • 1970-plymouth-pc.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,160
Nice find. Did you climb under the car and check the numbers on the transmission and engine block to see if they actually matched the VIN.
A full professional restoration by a reputable shop is going to set someone back at or around the six figure range. Some people get away for a lot less, but it usually shows in the end product, not always though....

Do nothing to it, just sell it to someone who has more money than you. HE will probably want to send it off to get restored....I think a solid unmolested barn find is worth more than a restified driver to the purists..Can you see it getting pushed across Barret-Jackson stage with hay sticking out of the wheel wells?

OK - OK - Let me shed some light in this tunnel - First let's start with the price $35,000 - Practically everthing checks out with the Vin & Fender Tag - exceptions, incorrect radiator and fan blade & trans replaced - everything else is correct - what I don't understand is the color ( I know the paint code EV2 is the same for both Plymouth and Dodge, but Tor Red doesn't look anything like Hemi Orange, not even close ) I didn't ask if I could peek under the carpet,but I'm sure he would let me if I have intentions of buying it - he knows what he has and that I'm sincere about buying the car only if I'm satisfied with it's authentisity - if the car color is correct it's in very good condition - I'm going to list most of the fender tag #s - E87 - motor, D32 - Trans, BS - car line 70-74 Cuda, B - Plymouth, S - Special, 23 - 2 Door Hdt, V - 440 3 barrel, 0 - 1970, B - Assy Plant Hamtramck,MI - EV2 - Bdy Pt Cd (Tor Red), Trim Codes (H - High, 6 - Vinyl Buckets, X9 - Blk), 000 - Full Door Panels, 202 - Production Date 2-2-70, EV2 - Roof Paint, A36 - Perf Axl Pkg (3.55 Posi, 7 blade clutch fan, Hemi Suspension), A62 - Ralley Instrument Cluster, C16 - Console w/woodgrain panel, C55 - Buckets, G36 - Rearview Mirrors ( Lft Remote Rt Manual, both painted body color), J54 - Sport Hood, M21 - Drip Rail Mld, M25 - Bdy Sill Mld, M31 - Bdy Blt Mld, N41 - Dual Exhaust, N42 Chrome Tips, N85 - Tack, N96 - Shaker Hood, R11 - AM Radio, M88 - Deck Lid Mld Treatment, V6X - Blk Strip, Y05 - 1970 Blt to US Specs, 26" - Radiator Size. There you have it - YOU LOSE - 6pk2goDemon !!!! I'm still concerned about the paint ??? Thanks for all your replies - I'll keep you posted - Somebody buy my Hemi and it's a done deal on this Cuda - Reindeer ( Rudolph )

Dodge EV2 Hemi Orange
Plymouth EV2 Tor Red

Same color different names.Maybe you are thinking FE5 red is Tor Red.

some people think Hemi orange and Vitamin C orange are the same... they aren't but that doesn't stop em.

vit c = go mango
tor-red = hemi orange

The paint sheet above tell the story, colors may look off on the sheets, codes are the same.

OK - OK - Let me shed some light in this tunnel - First let's start with the price $35,000 - Practically everthing checks out with the Vin & Fender Tag - exceptions, incorrect radiator and fan blade & trans replaced - everything else is correct - what I don't understand is the color ( I know the paint code EV2 is the same for both Plymouth and Dodge, but Tor Red doesn't look anything like Hemi Orange, not even close ) I didn't ask if I could peek under the carpet,but I'm sure he would let me if I have intentions of buying it - he knows what he has and that I'm sincere about buying the car only if I'm satisfied with it's authentisity - if the car color is correct it's in very good condition - I'm going to list most of the fender tag #s - E87 - motor, D32 - Trans, BS - car line 70-74 Cuda, B - Plymouth, S - Special, 23 - 2 Door Hdt, V - 440 3 barrel, 0 - 1970, B - Assy Plant Hamtramck,MI - EV2 - Bdy Pt Cd (Tor Red), Trim Codes (H - High, 6 - Vinyl Buckets, X9 - Blk), 000 - Full Door Panels, 202 - Production Date 2-2-70, EV2 - Roof Paint, A36 - Perf Axl Pkg (3.55 Posi, 7 blade clutch fan, Hemi Suspension), A62 - Ralley Instrument Cluster, C16 - Console w/woodgrain panel, C55 - Buckets, G36 - Rearview Mirrors ( Lft Remote Rt Manual, both painted body color), J54 - Sport Hood, M21 - Drip Rail Mld, M25 - Bdy Sill Mld, M31 - Bdy Blt Mld, N41 - Dual Exhaust, N42 Chrome Tips, N85 - Tack, N96 - Shaker Hood, R11 - AM Radio, M88 - Deck Lid Mld Treatment, V6X - Blk Strip, Y05 - 1970 Blt to US Specs, 26" - Radiator Size. There you have it - YOU LOSE - 6pk2goDemon !!!! I'm still concerned about the paint ??? Thanks for all your replies - I'll keep you posted - Somebody buy my Hemi and it's a done deal on this Cuda - Reindeer ( Rudolph )

Very Very hot Cuda,can't wait to see a couple of pics.Wish it was a stick but I could live with the auto with the 3:55 gears.

-
Back