Gas prices again

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was on my way to pick up a set of high hats and a cymbal for my set of drums last night and look what the price of gas was :-D

let it rain 152.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I thought we had it good here in Taylor TX..its just $1.56 here. Go OPEC go...

OPEC already cutting production too. Price at the pump will go back up.

I will be going back in town and fill Victoria up to the brim before they go up.
I think I will fill up two of my 5 gal gas jugs too.8)

Isn't there a sticker or something on the pump about using cell phones at gas pumps...? Sorry Memike, had to point it out. I work in the natural gas industry and we have to point out safety observations like this...

In about 1969 I was working at a gas station .Gas was about 32 cents a gallon. If you consider how much everything else has gone up, the price of gas is really low.Why do most people think gas should be inexpensive ? Do you know what's involved with getting a bbl. of oil out of the ground ? It's very expensive.From 1972 to 1995 I worked in the Oil well service industry,operating a service unit,pump truck,vac. truck,doing whatever I had to do to support my family .That is some of the most dangerous,nastiest,work there is.And the pay was lousy.These days the pay is better,but still not anywhere near what the auto workers make. Any new car cost about 7 to 10 times what it cost in 1969,and everything else does too.So the next time you fill up, think about some poor well service hand ,making 10.00 to 12.00 per hr. working in 110 degree summers and below freezing winters.

Double edged sword. Houston was doing better than the rest of the country on reccession untill this and now our economy is feeling the hit. Son in law, Nitrogirls husbands getting hours cut as he works a wireline truck in the oilfield. Seems like theres always a looser. Rigs are stacking back up as they cant drill and produce at this price.

Isn't there a sticker or something on the pump about using cell phones at gas pumps...? Sorry Memike, had to point it out. I work in the natural gas industry and we have to point out safety observations like this...

Yes I have and thanks for the reminder Dart_Guy :cheers:
But I used my Canon Power Shot camera, Is that just as bad ?

Yup... But it is a result of static charge and I think it is only when gas vapors can actually collect in a pocket. Like if you were filling a gas can in the back of a pickup and the wind did not blow the fumes out of the bed. Other then that most gas stations are pretty open.

Also, I agree with Westex and the inflation comment... PRices on everything but gas have gone up. We should consider ourlselves fortunate up until now. the part that hurts is the small business owners that are used to the lower prices and suddenly gas shoots up, it is hard to absord so quickly. But you pass the cost onto your customers and hopefully the big business does the same or you go under.

Price of oil is down to $44 today, and keeps dropping. I guess we're not the only country that's feeling the economic pinch. Everybody's cutting back on driving. I guess those people who manipulated the oil prices last summer and set off this world economic crisis aren't laughing now. hope they're all taking it in the ***.

sheesh Mike ya take that camera with ya everywhere ! Thanks for keeping it out of your bedroom !!! LOL

-RPM

-
Back