Gas Prices in Kalifornia..

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
So I am driving from Las Vegas to Sacramento to see my mom in the hospital.

Leave Vegas...pay 3.33 a gallon...I usually stop in Bakersfield to fill pickup back up..and get something to drink...cheapest gas is 3.91 a gallon....and In Sacramento..i see alot of 3.90s a gallon...WTF

Las Vegas get all their gas piped from Southern Cal....and Kalifornians are payiing almost 60 cent a gallon more....man...someone is sticking it in and breaking it off....Glad I left 40 yrs ago...

Plus...dam tax on a soda..plus deposit on the plastic bottle....sign in cooler say 1.69....pay 1.85 at cashier....leaving Thursday night and going back thru US 50 to Carson City....Traffic on CA-99 sucks....slow traffic in fast lane...need a missile launder on truck...

In vegas ...cooler say 1.69...you pay 1.69 at cashier.....

I just paid about $3.87/gal. tonight, and that's about as cheap as you'll find it.....you don't have to convince me that Cali sucks.....you're "preachin' to the choir". The next awesome brain-storm they're running towards is converting every freeway's diamond lane into a toll lane. Oh, and I had to cough up about $600 for 2 years' worth of back registration to the DMV the other day.....

I wanna go far far away......

Took this pic a couple weeks ago on Coronado Island in SoCal (San Diego area). This is not photo-shopped.

Attachments

• 12a.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 225
$5 gallon up here...been that way for 5 years now. Deposit is a good thing...keeps it outta the landfills and the ditches

$3.27 in Byron, Ga. and I thought that was gouging us...
C

I just paid 3.05 yesterday when I filled up. But that's with the 15 cents off when you put it on the Wal Mart card. It's all I had. lol

lol you´re lucky guys

Just for fun I calculated what the gallon would cost with the local fuel price here in Austria/Europe.

6.6 $ !!

greetz from vienna

Gerald

Wi. is somewhere between $3.75 and $3.95. I heard some story about before Memorial Day gouge and refineries down for maintenance. Same story every year.

Instead of complaining about things you should all count your blessings in life !

I run into the same situation here in NC, albeit on a completely different scale. I live just above the SC border in NC. Gas here is $3.33 right now. I can drive 10 miles into SC and get it for $3.09. I used to live up near the VA border and had the same situation up there. It's all state tax differences. NC has some of the highest gas tax in the SE... If SC can sell gas for $3.09 and make a profit on it then you know that a state selling it for $4.00 is making a huge windfall in tax revenue.

Went up to 3.99 a gallon here in northern Wi. It's getting real old. The summer
driving season is here. So they stick it to us. When is the government going
to step in? Oh, that's right. They are in bed with the gas companies!

$3.59 two weeks ago in Eastern Washington. This last week end it went to $3.95. Their jumping it for Memorial Day week end. Theres no rime or reason to it.

We are at 4.29 to 4.34 per gallon in Duluth, Mn.
There's a refinery across the bay from us in Superior, Wi that supplies gas here and some comes up from the Twin cities. The oil Superior uses is piped in from Canada. Go figure.
Their excuse is that 2 refineries near Chicago are shut down for repairs.
We don't even get the gas from there.

I guess we can complain all we want. They got us by the short hairs you know where.

Went up to 3.99 a gallon here in northern Wi. It's getting real old. The summer
driving season is here. So they stick it to us. When is the government going
to step in? Oh, that's right. They are in bed with the gas companies!

Your government already stepped in, that's why you are paying $3.99/gal.
When other states are a dollar lower the only reason you are paying that much is because your government is gouging you on taxes..

One thing you can be certain of - this current Federal Adminstration is definitely not in bed with the gas companies. That's why we all are paying 2X as much as we did under Bush.

-
Back