gas prices up again.

-
Joeychgo said:
I have to put premium (93+ octane) in my 3 Lincolns - thats well over $3 a gallon here! Ouch!

I dont get it. We took over a country that has alot of oil.... Shouldn't the price go down?

It must be a plot....so the Goverment can turn around and push those new battery operated vehicles disgust

seems like everytime an Al queda Dimwhit makes a threat, the cost of oil/gas goes up, these guys aren't stupid, they're trying to destroy our economy, AND SUCEEDING!!!!! I just read on CNN that another threat was made, there goes gas prices. Then you have the politicians dingbats spending money like there is no tomorrow, so now the value of the dollar is down so it costs more to buy the same product...oil! And what about price gouging, and some of the stupid taxes, like..."Liquid Fuel Franchise Tax"! What the He** is this $h1T?!?! So I have to pay an additional .20-.30 because it came in a truck with the word 'Texxaco' or 'Mobile' on it. So we pay higher prices for fuel, and send the oil we pump out of this country over to Japan and China, who doesn't want our products imported so we get taxed for that, and let them build up their middle class and keep this country with only RICH & poor. I feel being in the trucking industry, that depends on the economy, there is a recession..NO....DEPRESSION coming, in a major way! Thank you Mr. President!

Up another 3 cents a liter today. 108.9 - 111.9 . It's getting ugly. :angry4: Feel sorry for any of you members that "have to" drive daily for a living.

Ive said it for about 6 years - take the half a trillion+ dollars that is being spent on IRAQ and instead spend that money on making a gas substitute so we can MAKE gas when we want and have no need to import oil. Then they have no funding for terrorism, and we have cheap gas.

Why not go with the hydrogen powered vehicles? Or let China start testing those? Supposedly here the infrastructure costs would be too high since we're all set up for gasoline. But China? It will be interesting to see what Exxon's quarterly profits will be.

well my co-worker today filled up his car he uses 91 octane it works out to 6.63 a us gallon i'm just thankfull i'm only a mile from work so it cost's me like $5 a week for gas ;)

69signetv8 said:
It must be a plot....so the Goverment can turn around and push those new battery operated vehicles disgust

I've driven bolth the Honda Civic and Accord Hybrids and they are actually pretty peppy.However your looking at a base price of $20,000 for the civic and $30,000 for the Accord hybrids. They get close to 58 mpg.

You guys are lucky. Price of 87 oct. up here in horthern Wisconsin is
up to 2.79 today. 93 oct is about 2.89. How can they get away with
this robbery????

Purple gas disappeared in Saskatchewan many years ago, I am not sure if it is still in use here in Alberta or not. Gasoline theft is on the rise though...

I am guessing it may also have something to do with Pat Robertson claiming the US should assassinate the leader of Venezuela (the 4th leading supplier of imported oil to the US).

We import as much oil from Venezuela as we do from Saudi Arabia, at 1.5 million barrels per day.

I think they may be pissed and are making us pay!

Joe

Here is gauge that may help during these times:

Monitor.JPG

I just sold one of my trucks that I use to pull the trailer and cars, I
can't afford to keep putting gas in it everyday. It was a '92 F-150
with a 351 and a 5-speed. It was a excellent truck has 310,000 miles
on the long block, still ran great lost a little power with the hi-miles but
would still bake the tires. I can't believe I'm thinking about about pulling
the V-8 out of my Ranger and putting the 4-popper back in!!! The last
4 cylinder car I've owned was about 20 years ago. Never cared about
fuel economy always took the train to work when I worked downtown
Chicago for 18 years. Now being in San Diego, there's next to nothing
for public transportation. This gas thing BITES!!!

Another person posted this in another forum I am a member of, should really piss ya all of.

Thought this was interesting:
Straight from CNN - of course this is in US currency and per gallon. I'm assuming this does not take into effect cost of living, wages earned and other factors. Anyone find it odd the ones causing the price of oil to go up pay the least prices?

Netherlands, Amsterdam $6.48
Norway, Oslo $6.27
Italy, Milan $5.96
Denmark, Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium, Brussels $5.91
Sweden, Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom, London $5.79
Germany, Frankfurt $5.57
France, Paris $5.54
Portugal ,Lisbon $5.35
Hungary, Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg, $4.82
Croatia, Zagreb $4.81
Ireland, Dublin $4.78
Switzerland, Geneva $4.74
Spain, Madrid $4.55
Japan, Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic, Prague $4.19
Romania, Bucharest $4.09
Andorra, $4.08
Estonia, Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria, Sofia $3.52
Brazil, Brasilia $3.12
Cuba, Havana $3.03
Taiwan, Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa, Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua, Managua $2.61
Panama Panama, City $2.19
Russia, Moscow $2.10
Puerto, Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait, City $0.78
Egypt, Cairo $0.65
Nigeria, Lagos $0.38
Venezuela, Caracas $0.12

Of course it has also been reported the refineries are making $17 a barrel profit ! More than double that of last year........

A say nuke the bastards till it's all glass and go drill for the oil ourselves.

briankaplan said:
this robbery????

Uhhhhhhhhhm, because you and everyone else pay it, and they will continue to jack us untill people start DOING something about it, ie revolt or just snap and start taking out politicians, I smell trouble brewing in this world, don't be surprised when total anarchy breaks out. You all did notice they stole away the majority of your rights as free americans when they passed the so called "Patriot Act". I am not a religious sorts, but I truly believe Bush is the Anti Christ, he certainly ain't playin for our side.

briankaplan said:
this robbery????
It's not over yet.
I was talking to the owner of the local Gulf station today, and he showed me What the prices need to be changed to tonight.
$2.89 gal for the 87 oct.
$3.09 gal for super
Yesterday he was at $2.65 gal for 87 oct
Today he's at $2.68.

Watching the news tonight and they are blaming it on the hurricane.
Ships can't get in, refinerys down.
How the ^%$ does it affect the North east.
We have ports, refinerys( mobil has one in Jersey)
So how the ..... does it affect the prices up here????????????
I think it's time to sell the Demon and the Truck and walk to work, or ride my bike.
I didn't get a raise this year, and I don't make crap being a non college person, hell I make half as much now as I did 2yrs ago before they closed where I worked. Now I can't seem to find anything around here that pays more than $10 an hr. Trying to support 4 kids and the house. I don't know how the heck I'm gonna heat the house this year, except for pulling the old coal/wood stove out of the garage and repairing it, Punching a hole in the wall and run the pipe out, Then cut down all the trees in my yard. :violent1:

Ok,I'm done for now.
Rant over for the moment.

Chicago is $3.47 soon I will have to walk to work

Unfortunately, gasoline is a commodity just like grain or gold or beef in the supermarket. It's all about supply and demand...pure and simple. Broker's in trading pits set market prices as a result of their trades between speculators. As long as people continue to drive their new cars that they just got a smokin "employee pricing" deal on, and we try to continue on with our own everyday lives, and keep on paying whatever price for the gasoline to do it, prices are going to continue to be set by the market demand and what it will bear. Oil companies, like most all corporate industries, are opportunistic by nature.

As consumers, about all we can do is try to reduce demand and hope that refinery production can come back soon so that the margin between demand and supply will widen and let prices come back down. It doesn't matter how much oil you have, or can get, if you can't refine it, it's pretty much worthless even if it cost's $70@barrel.

Were feeling it up here as well. Just jumped to 1.19 from 1.11 liter on the Island. About 4.80 gallon Canadian, I think.
**** happens, we can only hope things get better down the road.

DSCF0016 (Small).JPG

grimreaper said:
Is $ .50 a gallon reasonable markup for retailers?
Where I am they only make $0.05 per gal.
Then after you take off the 4% when people use a credit card there's probably not much left.

I gassed up last night at my regular station. $3.29 for regular, $3.69 for what they call " Hi Test". I calmly mentioned to the goat-hearder running the place that someone will probably crush his skull before the week is out.

These sunofabitches are gouging our eyes out.... I'm grateful I have a 1/4 mile walk to work and my wife takes the railroad, which happens to be across the street from us.

One Mobil station near the LIE was charging $3.97 per gallon for 93 octane. A Mobil station on the other side of the expressway was $3.67 per gallon for the same 93 octane.

Then I saw a full serve station... $4.28 per gallon for 87!

-
Back