Gaskets

-

Sparky

Reaction score
Hey guysngals, looking for part number or recommendations for oil pan gasket for my 340, a 73 block. Parts guy sent me the wrong one. Would prefer to stay away from cork from what I have read here. Parts guy cannot seem to find anything on the 3 gaskets for the 90degree oil filter set up either.I am in Canada. Have not searched the net completely yet. Thought I would try here first as there are many experts. For my 68 fish, taking the numbers motor out and putting in another one.
Thank you
Sparky

Hey guysngals, looking for part number or recommendations for oil pan gasket for my 340, a 73 block. Parts guy sent me the wrong one. Would prefer to stay away from cork from what I have read here. Parts guy cannot seem to find anything on the 3 gaskets for the 90degree oil filter set up either.I am in Canada. Have not searched the net completely yet. Thought I would try here first as there are many experts. For my 68 fish, taking the numbers motor out and putting in another one.
Thank you
Sparky

I think Mancini has the correct gaskets for the 90 degree oil adapter.

As for the pan gaskets, I’d ask Mancini if Superformance has pan gaskets.

I think Mancini has the correct gaskets for the 90 degree oil adapter.

As for the pan gaskets, I’d ask Mancini if Superformance has pan gaskets.

Have you asked the local Dodge dealer for that is all that I did and they were able to provide the correct gaskets for the 90 degree oil adapter. I purchased two sets and they had them shipped from Toronto to Owen Sound the next day. Just a suggestion.

I've never had the need for a 90-degree adapter even though I have them...
Just seems like another place for an oil leak...
A 090 Mopar oil filter from Walmart for $6.27 seems to work fine for everything I own including newer magnums as well..
Or I get one from a parts store and make them price match Walmart...

A 090 Mopar oil filter from Walmart for $6.27 seems to work fine for everything I own including newer magnums as well..

There are headers that will not go on without the R/A adapter. I’ll take a picture tomorrow.

Currently not running a right angle adapter, but I previously ran one for over 20 years with no leaks.

Is there something odd about a pan gasket set for a 273/318/340? I've always used the Felpro sets and haven't had any problem finding them. Granted, I haven't replaced one lately.....are they out of stock right now?

Is there something odd about a pan gasket set for a 273/318/340? I've always used the Felpro sets and haven't had any problem finding them. Granted, I haven't replaced one lately.....are they out of stock right now?

What sucks is not being able to look at this stuff for old cars and handle it and decide what you want. Pics on the computer is just not the same. I have located a few spots where I can get what I need on the web, just want to know what guys are using and the level of success they are having. Might as well add valve cover gaskets to the list. Do not mind paying a good buck for good reliable product.I am a little rusty right now as I lost interest for a few years due to health issues, moving, losing some friends and family members due to friggin cancer. Sold my VW bug, 70 Dart, 64 Olds, 55 Nomad. Down to my fish and a 65 Mustang, just need to sell a 75 Caprice Classic convertible in the spring. I have had my Cuda for 21 years and now it is time for a make over. So glad to have the drive back again. Should be a busy winter tweaking on the fish and the Stang. Hello to the old gang and hope to get to know you all again. Looking for the best oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets and oil adapter gaskets I can get. Might as well add aluminum rad and electric fan to the list. what are guys using, what have you found that works the best,etc.
Thanks for the help.
Sparky

-
Back