gear ratio help!

-
Ended up buying a new set of Motive 3:55 gears and bearing kit. This is the first time I've pulled a chunk from a 8.75. Now I get why they so niiiice:cheers:

Make sure it is set up correctly. Google setting up "ring and pinion" to better familiarize yourself with what the contact pattern should look like.
Terms like pinion depth and backlash. Hopefully you have found a component shop to help with the install. Cheers.

Not really sure how Summit overnights stuff (free shipping).. but hey I'll take it!

Attachments

• DSC02789.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC02790.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 144
Here's an ignorant question for everyone that I've forgotten the answer to. Without pulling the diff cover, how do you calculate your gear ratio? Jack up the rear end and spin the tire, ect. I don't remember the details

Here's an ignorant question for everyone that I've forgotten the answer to. Without pulling the diff cover, how do you calculate your gear ratio? Jack up the rear end and spin the tire, ect. I don't remember the details

My gears had a stamping on them.

Pretty sure its one spin of the tire to the amount of spins of the yoke of the pig

(For example about 3.25 yoke turns to one tire spin would be 3.23s and so on)

Happy I stuck with the 3:55 ratio. Driving the car 55mph I'm running 2500rpm. Can't imagine it any higher than that for around town. No doubt the 3:73 would of been too much for what I'm trying to do. Thanks for advice to all who gave their 2c :glasses7:

Cool deal...Grass dont grow under your feet. :)
How's the gear set working ? Quiet ?

-
Back